or Connect

Posts by FancyPants

I have an electronic keypad (same reason - ex). I can easily program it for holiday mode when they are with their dad. Then I can just use my key or my master code to get in. Good luck
bumping really.... I like 1. No cigarette smells anywhere 2. Peace and quiet 3. Time for myself 4. Options that are entirely my own
If you are this exhausted, :hugs I would imagine that having to go through a divorce would be even tougher. I understand you may be done with your husband but perhaps it would make the most sense right now to prioritize getting that childcare person to come and live with you. That will take energy as it is but it might be something your husband could support (at least financially). When you find a good, compatible person, then might be a better time to explore options...
Erm... embarassed to admit it but my teenager goes there every school morning he's with me. Instead of an allowance he gets Starbucks' cards. I have to leave for work very early. He has to get himself to school. It means he eats breakfast (maybe not a great breakfast but at least a breakfast) and gets out of the house early. I think it is his treat. It makes him want to get up and I think it makes him feel a little worldly  to go to the starbucks with all the adults and...
Thank you both so much. :) I will look into the link. 
Hi! Wise mamas - does any one of you know someone knowledgeable on the Portland Public School system and willing to help/available for pay?   We have a second meeting coming up regarding our youngest child. We had one to ssee if he had any special needs issue beyond exasperating stubborness. He is doing fine now and his teacher is fantastic. Unfortunately my experience with the vice principal has been hostile and unnerving/strange.   The last time we had a...
Thank you for the replies. RainyDay: I meant other than a regular flu bug. My youngest came down with a flu the Thursday night before I typed this. He was done in 4 days and is at school today. It was very mild. I spiked a fever last night after staying with him yesterday but I'm feeling okay mostly today. I'm just wondering if it might have been swine flu. If so I am very underwhelmed but I guess there is no way of knowing without bothering a doctor. It would...
Just curious if anyone got it locally. How did you even know that it is swine rather than local? How bad was it actually? Thank you!
:::
Quote: Originally Posted by sunflower.mama ********I am not currently working but have in the past so I am lurking*****. I am responding because my ds was in daycare for 3 years and then preschool for another 3 years. I always had the same question you did, and figured we had our big transition when he entered daycare. But he started K last week and now I know what the big deal is. Instead of a cozy little classroom where you know all the teachers and...