or Connect

Posts by sparkletruck

Welcome to the November 2013 Dingo thread New visitors to the Dingo Thread may ask, "but, what is a Dingo?" Dingoes are mamas (defined loosely, when needed) who run, walk, cycle, tri, and participate in whatever sport they need to sustain their awesome mama selves in lives that are definitely dynamic. Sometimes, a Dingo is injured, or life takes a turn, and she has to take a break from her chosen sport. Whether active or aspiring, Dingoes support one another in...
LOL JG - DD1 changed her mind this morning, and yeah, I'm still doing laundry (these comforters take forever to dry!) and have several hours of lice combing before getting them ready to go out in the cold dark to fill their buckets with sugar. Its dh's busiest work day too
Kerc - not flaming AT ALL. That's what the therapy attempt stemmed from this summer. The thing is, a diagnosis wouldnt change anything. Thats what I meant when I said to Dh that knowing this doesnt mean anything, b/c we already have a toolbox of strategies with him that seem to work and he seems to be progressing slowly. It's interesting that we just this Fall (as a result of those therapy visits) had the a-ha that we have focused on intellect with him maybe to the...
Real - That! There have been times where Ive screamed in my head "what is wrong with you!" b/c he sometimes just doesn't seem to think the way anyone else does, or he'll do or say things that are so clearly nuts to me and Dh and yet he completely stands by them (I cant think of an example). Just knowing that he might in fact have different wiring makes those times easier to digest, or the fact that he is so smart but sometimes seems totally unaware of obviously hurtful...
RM - awesome pictures! You look so happy and cute and fast JG - That just sucks about DD1. I too had to look at her birthdate in your sig to check age wrt that kind of peer behavior. Ugh. It would be hard for me to stand by and let her navigate that without myself confronting the mom(s) to just put the cards on the table. I hate all the duplicity and obfuscation of it. I am such a call-it-like-you-see-it kind of person, not in a rude or confrontational way, just a...
I'm sorry, I was being cheeky about the altitude, I really didnt mean to offend RM - on ds' recovery. I dont know what its about either but I hope its not serious NRR: I think i finished the IRB application Only took 2 months Tonight dh told me something DD1 said to him today. He took the older two on a mtn. bike ride, and he was changing his shirt at the trail-head and DD1 says "you know what's funny? Yours and mommy's boobies are the same size" This...
for Dingo meet-ups. Everyone looks as beautiful and strong as I imagine them But I'm gonna say it; 1300 ft. is not a lot Can I just say how much this IRB application process sucks! Who would ever do research when you have to jump through so many convoluted hoops just to do the actual work of the study in the first place. Seesh! And I'm not even drawing blood or using medical devices Meanwhile, can I please find my work-out mojo soon! I'm feeling like I'm in the...
JG/All - yeah, this has been a head-trip literally and figuratively. For one, I didnt know for many months that it had started, but now that I know that's what is happening I can look back and see that symptoms started in May of last year with verbal memory loss, which, it turns out, is a pretty classic symptom, but wow is that a weird thing to experience. Then, if you remember, I would joke about being bi-polar b/c of how high and low I felt during a cycle. I suspect...
Nic - yeah, I looked it up prior to your post and that's expensive, like, give me a break expensive! Ours is a little over a hundy/mo. for DD1's team AND gym membership, but *only* one-fiddy/mo. for the whole family. Currently its just her, but when they move to the new location in the spring we might do the family membership as Dh has been threatening to start doing some form of exercise other than cycling (hello NO upper-body conditioning of ANY kind, and middle aged...
Nic - How far away is the climbing gym/how difficult would it be to get her there? Is there a team? I'm wondering if A. there might be anyone who climbs there and/or is on the team who she could carpool with, and B. if the gym/team has any financial aid and/or if your Dh's place of employment offers any financial fitness incentives. My dh's hospital pays X amount per year for a gym membership, for example. We have to pay it first and then submit the receipt but the...