or Connect

Posts by carriepurkhiser

#1: birthing stool - pushed for 28 minutes (midwife attended homebirth) #2: birthing stool - pushed for 35 minutes (midwife attended homebirth) #3: squatting in garden tub (labored on hands and knees before pushing) - pushed for 5 minutes (unassisted homebirth and my biggest baby of almost 10 pounds) #4: hands and knees in garden tub (homebirth), wanted to switch to squatting but baby was coming too fast - pushed for maybe 1 minute - but seemed like my hips where...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Sounds like dh is pretty level headed. Interestingly enough, even the CDC admits that the chance of having a vaccine reaction is higher than the chance of even CATCHING *any* of the diseases we vaccinate for. Interesting, eh? No, no one will come after you if your children get a disease. -Angela That is VERY interesting! Where did you find that information at? I did not get my child the vax - I am...
Thanks! Do you have any references where I could check this out in more detail? Also, my husband and I just had a conversation about vaxes. He was so "go to the hospital for birth, bottle feed, give all vaxes". But he seems to have came around over the past 5 years. All of children were born at home, our third with only the two of us attending. I have exclusively breastfed all my children and cloth diaper for the most part. I stay home with them. My husband...
Hi! I need some help! My daughter was 1 yesterday. I have not vaxed her at all. I also have a 7, 3, and 2 year old. We followed the vax schedule exactly with our 7 year old - we were stupid and thought we legally had to. We weren't going to with our second and third child but the pediatrician we had was very rude - and made think we had too, and told us our children couldn't attend school without them - blah-blah blah! We discontinued all vaxes when our 3rd...
Seems like everyone has the basics covered. 1. freeze meals 2. water tub 3. birthing stool BE PREPARED for a quick delivery. My 1st was 6 hours (6 lbs). My 2nd was 12 1/2 hours (6 lbs 15oz). My 3rd was 35 minutes (9lbs 10oz). My 4th was 21 minutes (8lbs 13oz)! BE PREPARED for a harder delivery. My 2nd child was very diffucult to delivery, I was prepared for a fairly easy, less painful delivery, and it was very very painful (turned wrong, elbow by head,...
PHP Code: I LOVE the baby phase and I sometimes wonder if I am EVER going to not want to have another baby....just to have a baby - which I realize is NOT a reason to have more children.  ANother thing is that I love being pregnant and going through the birth process. it is such an empowering thing for me and gives me a huge self confidence boost. Anyone else have these thoughts in deciding to have more children??  That is EXACTLY how I Feel! I am so...
Homebirth! Homebirth! Homebirth! If you are a low risk pregnancy - WHY NOT! We have had wonderful experiences with homebirths. Our first two children (ages 6 and 3) we had a midwife attend. With our third child (19 months) we were suppose to have a midwife, but the baby couldn't wait, so my husband delivered him in the garden tub (all 9 pounds 10 ounces of him!). Our fourth (7weeks today) we had at home, but had a local doctor attend because he only lives...
I would trust your instincts. Our 1 year old was 9 lbs 10 oz at birth - we had him at home. I'm sure he lost some weight, but most newborns do. A newborns stomach size is comparable to the size of a marble! All 3 of my children were born at home and exclusively breastfed (and one due ANYTIME and expected to be larger than the last). Our first was only 6 lbs and lost over 1 lb by the end of the week - he only had about 3 teaspoons of colostrom total for about 4 days-...
Hi! I am in your same boat! My children are 5 years, 2 years, & 7 months. My oldest two have had all vaccinations except the last boosters. My 7 month old has had 2 month and 4 month shots, but NO MORE! I feel they are unsafe, (as I have recently spend around 20 hours scouring the internet after my youngest son had a reaction to the prevnar) but still trying to find information on exemptions, etc. - so I can enroll my oldest in kindergarten this fall. I...
Yes - we just waited until the midwife arrived and had her cut the cord, do the weighing and measuring and so forth. It was kind of odd holding a baby in one arm, and trying to breastfeed, and having the placenta in a bowl in the other arm! My husband and I have talked about it, and I think when we have our next child (hopefully 3-4 years), we will have it unassisted and just do everything ourselves. I hope everything goes as well and smooth as our last birth! (of...