or Connect

Posts by owensmom

I just finished reading 20 Things Adoptive Parents Need to Succeed by Sherrie Eldridge and while not a perfect book by any stretch, she does give weight to having feelings about your kids you may not say to other people... But then she also talks about dealing with people that may think your kid isn't worth the extra mile because they are damaged goods, and also gives a lot of ideas on what your adopted kids might be feeling... anyway, maybe a copy of that might help...
I totally don't know if this is okay or not - so Mods, feel free to pull this. I'm not making anything off of it! But my daughter's preschool has openings and it is an awesome crunchy AP parent co-op (I think it may have been started a few years ago by some MDC mamas) so I thought I'd just give a heads up in case anyone is looking for a preschool for the fall. There are openings for 3 and 4 year olds, and because of the weird (to me) way the co-ops around here operate...
It has been like 10 years since I've been there, but we stayed at the West Beach Resort and enjoyed it - http://www.westbeachresort.com/
Thank you! I'll add that to my pile.
OMG so many! Yay! Thank you everyone!
Why don't I know this yet? I'm thinking of taking ds (6) to a chiropractor for his ears (infection every year that is resulting in worse and worse conductive hearing loss). He usually gets The Ear Infection every February, but this school year he has started out in October, and I need some alternatives to just dealing with him being sick all the time. Aren't there awesome chiro-mamas on MDC that live in Portland? I keep searching but not finding anything....
Quote: Originally Posted by Katrinawitch I had to reply to this post, although it was from a few years (!) back, because I am SUCH a DVD commentary geek! I love watching movies with the commentary, and the LOTR trilogy has so many amazing extras and great commentaries. I love the actors' commentary, of course, but my second favorite is from the creative team & conceptual designers, such as Alan Lee and John Howe, who were for many years Tolkien artists....
Quote: Originally Posted by Aubergine68 I'm almost ready to start making daily tisanes from the herbs I've gathered over the summer and dried. Looking forward to that, but that is going to be a winter thing, I don't know why. can you talk about this when you do it?
I let him wear whatever he wanted. When he started preschool he wore Shrek board shorts and a John Deere shirt that was way too big. Last year at K he chose a button down shirt and shorts. This year he is going to wear the shirt that all his classmates signed at the end of last year. and whatever bottoms and shoes he wants (I'm guessing shorts and crocs).
Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritinthesky Which pop stars share your birthday Have you ever done this? Go to www.thisdayinmusic.com and enter your day and month. And it shows all the birthdays for that day. Here's mine for Jan 17th. Some good ones! (I left the bad ones out). 1948, Born on this day, Mick Taylor, guitar, John Mayalls Bluesbreakers, joined The Rolling Stones, in 1969 left in 1974. (1971 US No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Brown Sugar')....