or Connect

Posts by DanishMom

Mamas, Today is his birthday and I feel terrible. I want to share something with you that I've never told anyone else - I'm just too ashamed. When my DS was born I let the nurses take him during the first night. They took him to my room when he needed to BF but I let him sleep alone. And that is not normal practice in Denmark - the nurses recommend co-sleeping from the first nigth. I just couldn't be with him at that point. The second night my husbond took him (he was...
PM me. I'm a psychologist who specializes in PTSD treatment. I'm sending you lots of hugs mama!
Ok, ladies. I've met someone and it's very serious! We met this weekend and spent all the time together on saturday and sunday talking and talking and a bit of kissing. I'm really blown away by this guy and he feels the same. He is a great person and I don't think I've ever met a man that I felt was a great person. There are no red flags, no doubts, no flaws. He is the guy with the icescraper and has proved to be already. I'm happy He is completly in love with me...
Quote: Originally Posted by melodyka hugs to you mama! i had a very similar experience and am very scared to face birth again (with the need for another induction). thank you for sharing. i hope writing about it brings you peace. Yes, it did bring me peace. Thank you for your support. I write here every year - I don't really think about it anymore the rest of the year. Do you want more kids and if so have you thought about what kind of...
...since my DS was born. It was a terrible experience of highly induced labor that lasted 72 hours and ended with a instrumental delivery - without the any pain meds. I still cannot remember the pain - only the screaming and the intense fear. I was so scared he would die that I was afraid to love him for the first five days of his life. I suffered from PTSD because of it. I just need a bit of support and a hug tonight. TIA mamas.
Quote: Originally Posted by elf what has worked for me: ambien---especially ambien CR and lunesta. remember, they are habit forming (just b/c you like the sleep you get when you take them). Melatonin seems to make me depressed. good luck I can recommend ambien too. Melatonin didn't help me at all. There are other drugs that are not habit forming. You might want to consider these.
Quote: Originally Posted by zenfulmama thank you so much. just knowing that i am doing the right thing...short term pain for long term gain...i think the part that hurts the most is that they will not have the 'dream' family...the nuclear picture perfect picket fence lie that i have been living for so long...the windows have finally broken...it is so reassuring to hear your supports and kind thoughts. i have always loved this mothering place. a place so...
Quote: Originally Posted by zenfulmama i am getting a divorce. i have a soon to be 6 and 8 year old boys...beautiful sensitive creatures that are going to hurt so bad over this. my fear is that if i do not divorce now i will end up resenting them as well as my husband and life a miserable existence...there is no going back now, i have tried for the past two years...and the 6 before that to heal what can not be healed. now, we have faced up to that....
Quote: Originally Posted by Butterflymom My date just ended (sugar, it got moved up to today, it *WAS* supposed to be tomorrow evening but his dinner plans got cancelled so he asked me about 4 hours in advance of dinnertime, if we could move it sooner, to today, and I said sure). He is a great guy. I had a nice time. Nice dinner at a nice restaurant, everything went fine. Do you guys sense the enthusiasm here? He even walked me to my door (not...
Quote: Originally Posted by LoveOhm While I realize people have flaws, and if I want them to accept my flaws (and I have many) then I need to accept theirs but I also wonder is this too big a flaw to accept from someone I was/am considering opening my heart and at some point down the line exposing my dd to? Him being in rehab and addressing the problem is better than living with this problem everyday on his own right? But for me it means moving even...