or Connect

Posts by LeelasMama

Just wanted to update. I finally found a gynecologist who will do the surgery to repair the improperly healed tear repair. I went to SO MANY GYN appts in the town i live (saw 2 different ones) and they said they see what i'm talking about but essentially it's not serious enough to do a surgery and most women" just live with it". I was also told it's MY problem and I have body image issues and i should just live with it this way and that i have unrealistic expectations and...
It's not technically a dual relationship... of course I am serving as the role of doula-- because I'm a trained labor assistant- but I've been her friend for years and she wants me to be there to support her birth because I recently had a baby, she feels very comfortable with me and i have lots of skills (CMT, essential oil therapist, herbalist) that are complimentary to birth care-- and I'm doing it for free- because I'm her friend. I give her far more care than I would...
thanks for the insight :)   I asked a very experienced doula in town what she thought of starting to work uncertified and her words were that it doesn't matter and passion/self-motivation to educate yourself and learning on the job is more important. The qualifying agencies just take your money and don't really "make" a good doula. 
I have a friend I am serving as a doula for her birth in one month- and she is having difficulties with her relationship. Mostly, she is feeling completely unsupported, and the guy is giving her reasons to- saying he's only with her because she's pregnant, that he doesn't love her, he's not affectionate- etc..... yet he declares he wants to be at the birth (at home). She has expressed to me that she feels like if he can't be supportive she'd rather just have me (and her...
on my effing back against my will with my feet in the air and my pubic bone curled up towards my face. I believe the yoga pose is "happy baby pose". I'm a student midwife and doula and I KNOW this is the worst position to give birth in- yet I was stuck there- against my will- and unable to get off the bed because they refused to remove the IV so I could move around. i had a traumatic hospital transfer from a planned homebirth.
^^ that sounds like me. My water broke first- there was no cushion so contractions hurt SO bad, she was anterior the whole end of my pregnancy but then she rotated and was posterior for labor, and rotated to the side on her way out so she wasn't born sunny side up but she was born with her face towards my right hip. I had really hard back labor the entire time, and contractions 2 minutes apart as soon as my water broke.   I feel lied to. Where was my slow, 15 minutes...
I'm just wondering if anyone else experienced what I did.   I was fully dilated (9 with a lip) for somewhere between 6-8 hours before I finally pushed my baby out. It was PURE torture, because my uterus was still giving me strong contractions that were close together the whole time- but I couldn't push because it hurt so much because the lip was in the way. It was like being between a rock and a hard place, and was exhausting.    I remember I went through transition in...
I think that sponsor submitted, custom designed ads by other bloggers who want ad space or retail companies look WAY better than ads. Since when you start out you need to get a following first before you actually make money with ads, why not wait until you have 100-200 subscribers or so and at least 5000 monthly page views- and then maybe get sponsored and add in tasteful affiliate links. I use amazon's a store for affiliate links, and a select few chosen companies that I...
What is your business?    I currently use wordpress (yoginimomma.com) on the wordpress hosted site, and I'm switching to being independently hosted because you are limited with what you can do on wp.com-- no html or email signup forms, integrated stores, etc.    The business school seminar I'm taking says wordpress is the best for service and product based businesses,  end of story. Some people prefer squarespace because it's apparently easier to use.    if you could...
My baby started doing this around 4 months too- 15-20 minute naps 3-4 times a day- exhausting!! and not eating a lot during the day but nursing constantly all night. Here's what I did to change it:   During feedings during the day I would always be in a boring, calm environment. If I was out in public somewhere I'd block her vision with a blanket or put the hood of the carrier up. I wouldn't let her sleep during feedings during the day and would keep her up by...