or Connect

Posts by gumby74

I work as a long term care case manager.  As such, I have a lot of elderly individuals on my caseload.  One of these individuals passed away last Sunday.  He left behind 13 kittens (6-8) weeks as well as at least 4-6 adult cats.  All of these cats are outdoors, but he has been feeding them for several years.    I called the no-kill animal shelter I volunteer with and was able to get them to take all of the kittens.  I also was able to get the vet my dogs/cats see to...
RCR:  I don't ever post on here, but have been down the infertility path in the past and was pregnant at the same time Blue was pregnant with her twin boys. I follow some of your strories because I also follow Blue's story and consider myself her online cheerleader.  Actually, I secretly cheer for all of you because even though I know I am never having any more children, I remember the pain, frustration, disappointment and anger that came with trying,trying,trying.  I...
I'm truly saddened by this....there are no words as I can't even begin to imagine your pain and emptiness... so sorrry....
My 6 year old is very nervous about learning to ride a bike and thus won't try.  He is scared because he doesn't think he can balance on it.  I think this bike will help him get past his fears. My three year old would also love this bike!
When my two beloved cats died, I had them cremated.  They died two years apart from each other.  This past spring we went to a greenhouse and bought two very beautiful trees which were long lasting and strong. All three which represented my beloved cats. My intent was bury each under one of the trees.  The holes were dug, the trees were ready to placed and....I couldn't do it.  It was as if I was saying goodbye to them again.  So....in a box on top of my fridge they...
I agree that the bell on the collar is a great idea. 
I am on a low carb, high protein diet. I have lost about 30lbs thus far through this approach, but also I am running about 9-12 miles per week.  I have a huge sweet tooth, despite everything.  What are your thoughts about the sugar alchohols?  I probably eat these too much, but not sure what else to do.
It's hard to believe, but my foster kittys are 8 weeks today.  Next week, when they are 9.5 weeks, I will be taking them back :(  It's obvious that I am going to be really sad, but am wondering if anyone can prepare me for what to expect from momma's behavior when they leave?  We are adopting her and possibly one of the kittens.  Anything I can do to help her?  The kittens?  Someone gave me the advice about sending a blanket back with them.  Any other thoughts?  I am sad...
Hello to everyone!  Blue....I couldn't help it anymore......CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I absolutely could not be happier! 
Truly, this is often the case.  My American Eskimos are adorable looking and as puppies look like little teddy bears.  Even after two obidence classes as well as a professional trainer and owners who really try to follow through on training with them....my male Eskie has to be in the room when other people are over and especially kids.  He is great with his family, but doesn't trust other people and gets very nervous.  When people see him walking down the road, they...