or Connect

Posts by Shadymama

Thanks for your replies ladies! We are now scheduled for a screening for April 13th. Hopefully we will have some more answers once we have seen the pediatrician. I think part of the problem for me is never having been around kids or anyone with kids pretty much until I had my own. I have few friends with kids even now, and none of their kids seem to be anything like my son which makes it even harder for me to assess if he is just being a 3 year old boy, or if there's...
I did in the past and he was unresponsive. I would suggest to him stomping his feet, punching a pillow, or couch etc. He would agree to try it at first (when he was in a good mood) but when the time would come when he was angry, I would remind him and it would make him angrier and he would just yell "no" to any suggestions/reminders. A few months have passed since I've tried though, so I will give it another go. Thanks for the suggestion!    I finally heard back...
Hello all, I’m new on this forum and was really hoping to find some help here. Sorry about the length of the post :/   I have a 3.5 year old son who exhibits some odd behaviour, which is starting to concern my husband and I. He’s always been great with adults but never been very social with peers.  At 12 months, he started pulling hair and hitting his peers. The situation seems only to have gotten worse as he gets older. His language skills are not a problem, he...
Hi Linda,   Yes, aggression is definitely the most challenging part of his behaviour at the moment. For the most part, we are trying to stay calm and model for him how to deal with his anger and talk to him about better ways of managing it as well. It seems to be working some of the time.    And thank you for the recommendations! I will double post in the section you suggested and will definitely check out that book. 
Hello all, I’m new on this forum and was really hoping to find some help here. Sorry about the length of the post :/   I have a 3.5 year old son who exhibits some odd behaviour, which is starting to concern my husband and I. He’s always been great with adults but never been very social with peers.  At 12 months, he started pulling hair and hitting his peers. The situation seems only to have gotten worse as he gets older. His language skills are not a problem, he...