or Connect

Posts by maisiedotes

My son, who is 2 yrs 4 months, is still not talking,  he babbles all day long... but not saying any actual words besides "da da".  He also just started walking at 2 yrs. He has only been diagnosed as having "global delays".. he has had vision and hearing screening and everything is normal.  He gets PT and OT through early intervention, and is getting hippotherapy (horseback riding therapy)   I love him.. no matter if he is delayed or not. I just want life to be easy for...
I am trying not to panic... my 19 month old son is not walking (except on his knees) and the only word he says is "DA"... early intervention came in and said he is "globally delayed".. They said that means he is delayed across the board.  I am both relieved and devastated.. obviously growing up is hard enough and I want my kids to just breeze through life.. but with a delay, I am so afraid that will mean a lifetime of being a little behind. I just want someone to share...
You all are right... there really wasn't anything about them learning to anything.  I hope they do a follow-up show also. 
I have to say, although I used to like Marcel (I always sorta felt like he was the one nobody liked.. but I certainly understand now because he was such an arse last night), I am SO glad to see him go.  I was shocked at Tiffany cackling in the dining room.. and I love when one member of a team makes fun of the other team (like talking about Blaise serving tuna in the can) and it ended up being a hit.  I figured Fabio would win the challenge because he is so suave with...
Did anyone see Heavy last night on A&E?  They take 2 people and help the lose weight... they went to a fitness resort type place for the first month to learn how to eat, work out, etc. and then they go home for the remaining 5 months to do it from home... I loved it.  I like Biggest Loser except when the cattiness starts towards the end, so this was nice- there is no monetary prize or anything- it is about getting their lives back.    I found the girl on last night's...
My DH does this too... he crabs if the house isn't picked up but most of it is his.. today he left a wrapper from something on the counter and I brought it to him and said "are you keeping this for something?  Or should I throw it out?"  I get so irked at him.  He also made a snide comment about how he was tired of looking at a pile of clothes on the bedroom floor, so I went up and grabbed it and dropped it at his feet and said "ITS ALL YOURS!" Grrrr.    The thing...
Rani, thank you for shedding some light on the subject of people choosing stuff over their kids.  I find it very interesting and I am sometimes surprised I don't hoard.  I feel like I have the tendancy to hold onto things and I am not sure why, but then suddenly I throw EVERYTHING out and regret it.    Hmmm.
I have to watch this past week's episode still.. but it sounds like it was hilarious.  But every time I see Carla, when she is saying "Hootie", it cracks me up.. me and DH just laugh our heads off because it is just so random.    Hootie!  Hootie!
Well, I got to a meeting last night and I am really excited.  I paid my $13 weekly fee and the points calculator is on sale at our meeting for $5.95. The calculator is pretty neat, but it will take some time to figure out.  I know the key for me will be to go to weekly meetings.  I will probably sign up for the monthly pass next week (payday).  I did so well before and have been kicking myself for putting all the weight back on (granted it was through 5 pregnancies but...
I went last night, I think I am going to like it too but I have GOT to get out of that mindset of certain foods being  certain points.  I usually have a cup of coffee each day mixed with a packet of hot chocolate and a splash of soy milk..  OOPS- it is now 4 pts.    So, time to change my ways I think.. I had read some negative things on some website yesterday about the program but a guy in my meeting lost 13 lbs his first week back and a woman lost 6.  I am...