or Connect

Posts by Tiffa

Hello everyone.. I just took my baby to the doctor. He has severe eczema that I haven't been able to get rid of so we got a prescription cream to get it under control. The doc said it also had some strep infection on top of it (has anyone heard of that?) so he also prescribed an oral antibiotic that I am supposed to give 4 times a day for 10 days,. My babe is only 5 months old and I know antibiotics can be harmful so young. Also he is EBF and the thought of...
I don't think so. I had a male OB but only because there are no female doctors in my area. I prefer someone who can relate and empathize with me. A man, no matter how much knowledge about birth he may have, will never be able to really understand what you are experiencing. To me at least, that's kind of important. Honestly I think birth should be women's business. 
@alissa0903 I use my milk for everything too! I have put it on all kinds of rashes, and in his eye to cure a clogged duct. It's amazing stuff. None of my family gets breastfeeding either. Everyone around here just expects you to start food at 6 months. And if you breastfeed much longer than that it's unusual. My baby is only 4 months and when the subject has come up, I say things like "I'm not going to worry about it. Some babies start later than others." and I get...
OURS. :) I took my husbands name and it's the name our son carries as well.
My baby is only four months and I love breastfeeding. :) It's so easy. I feel more awkward nursing in front of friends and relatives than I do in front of strangers. I don't care at all what strangers think of me, and no one has ever said anything. But if relatives feel weird about it they are more likely to let you know, even if they are trying to be sensitive. The first time I nursed in public was in a restaurant. We were with a cousin and his wife, the cousin being...
Hello! I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for this. My baby has ringworm. I haven't taken him to the doctor (I have almost gone, but trying to avoid it), but I am pretty positive that's what it is. Husband had it as a baby and I have had it as an adult so I figure the baby is probably pre-disposed to get it as well.   It started on his scalp and I thought it was cradle cap. Then it got worse and spread to his forehead. I have used Lamisil (anti-fungal) an old...
We don't worry much about it, and my babe is four months. Sometimes I put him on his tummy for a few minutes, but he hates it so I haven't done it much. He is very healthy, strong and active, and I figure when he is ready I will know it.
I wouldn't worry about it. I have a friend who was told her baby would probably only weigh like four pounds. She was born a few days ago weighing over 6.
HI Hippy Mum! Thanks. :) I really enjoy it now, and have become proud of myself and my mothers body. In a way I like nursing in public to "show off" my confident motherliness. :) I still get on here to read a lot. I just don't post much now.   I forgot to mention that I also like to wear those wide, thin, flowy scarves you can find. They make nice cover ups, and they are actually stylish.
I wasn't brave enough to even go further outside than my driveway until his two week check up that I had to brave it for. I had my husband go into work late to come with me. Good thing he was there, because I was in tears and ready to smack the nurse who was squeezing all that blood from my baby's foot onto a lab test sheet. And I didn't go back to church for a month.   Get used to breastfeeding in public. It took me a while to get comfortable with it. But eventually I...