or Connect

Posts by kamesennin

HG has messed up my body so much. I lost all my muscle and now it's fat. I'm trying to get back into shape and it's just so hard. I have 34 pounds to lose, most of it I just kept on from my first pregnancy. I'm hoping I can make a come-back by the time I am 30 (next year).
I'm so sorry about your trike! Were your kids ok? What did you tell them? Someone stole our stroller ($60) from our parking garage the other day. We have 2 but my dd was so upset that it was gone. I put it in the corner of our parking spot so we could have space in the trunk for groceries--2 hrs later it was gone. Pisses me off to think that someone out there is pushing their kid around in it. I wish I had never left it out but hindsight always comes to kick you in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by fiveyearsapart I want to use cloth in the hospital. I've had two unmedicated vaginal deliveries so I hope I'll have the same and stay 48 hours, bring a wetbag and my 3 dozen orange edge prefolds and wash when I get home. Can meconium be treated like bf poo and just tossed in the pail???? Yes that's what I did. I used cloth from birth for both of my girls. You can get flushable rice paper that you line the diaper...
Quote: Originally Posted by HybridVigor Was the cord allowed to pulse? How much blood is left in a placenta if the cord is severed before it stops pulsing, vs. after? Does the placenta empty itself of blood? I had a hospital birth, and they cut the cord right away against my wishes. I was pissed, but it was already done and what can you do? I decided to let that one slide because I was worried about opting out of more important procedures....
Just wondering, but wouldn't going down real far put too much stress on your elbows? I haven't been going down so far, maybe I should, though. It would be funny to take a video so I could see myself. eta: We took a video tonight and it was hilarious! It was great to see my own form--I think I can improve it a lot. Plus it will be interesting to compare in a few weeks. I'm not going down far enough, although it sure feels like it! I decided to start over from week...
Quote: Originally Posted by momtoS I find that I have a lot of feelings regarding....regular pregnancies. I mean I miss feeling all *glowing*....I didn't enjoy being pregnant and I feel like I was cheated out of something great. I felt like I was dying. Does anyone else feel this way? oh god yes. I had these feelings all the time. just felt like i was wasting away into that toilet bowl... although I was lucky and had the hg go away in my 2nd...
Quote: Originally Posted by brandyk This afternoon & evening I added about about calories in. I finally feel normal. I was even able to exercise post dinner! Last night's bagel was one of those mini ones - not a whole fat bagel There is no way I would eat salad greens in the middle of the night yukko! But I totally get what you are saying. Eat what you feel you need to, but not giant size, balance it out with other stuff and then continue...
Quote: Originally Posted by BethNC Ouch. I know what your meaning to say but that stung a little. My son, although adopted, is very much my own. I'm sorry, I meant from her body. I won't edit so others reading can learn to be more sensitive as well. My brother is adopted, I always forget that.
Quote: Originally Posted by caro113 I keep seeing all these patterns online and everyone seems to know all about making these diapers, but I have a really stupid question. Obviously I am new at this since I have to ask such a question : If I follow these patterns - like the mamabird or the ottre one can I just sew in a thicker soaker in the crotch so I wouldn't need covers? I just don't see the point in making so many diapers when I would need covers...
Michael Jackson I have to keep myself from singing so I don't look like an idiot while walking!