or Connect

Posts by spacedog

I am a student mamma with a 3 year old. I have 3 semesters left before I can become certified as a Social Worker. I have worked really hard to get into and stay in the program so far. I just found out I'm pg with #2.... who will probably be born in late August. School starts right around that time.. I don't really want to put the new baby in daycare, but I also think if I stop going to school I might not go back. So I could continue on, and try to work out an...
I just took a pregnancy test today because my period is a few days late. My cycle varies a little so I wasn't too concerend. Now that I'm reading about pregnancy and the symptoms I am wondering if I actually concieved in November!! I'm hoping for some thoughts. So my period in November was on the 4th. I had another one at the end of November on like the 29th.. but it was really short and light. Sorry if TMI... but the first day I used a tampon and the next two...
I have a 2.5 year old who is in daycare 3 days a week. She loves going and I really like the teachers and the center. I am having such a dilemma deciding what to do for the summer! I am going to be taking an online class but other than that she will really not need daycare since I currently don't have a job. HOWEVER.. we're pretty broke and me working could help us out financially but then our daycare cost would go way up and we wouldn't benefit a whole lot anyways. ...
My cat was hit by a car a few days ago... to make a long traumatic story short... I took him to a vet and was taking him to a different vet for Emergency care because the other vet discharged him to me but I thought he was doing terrible... On the way to the vet Wilson (the cat) died. I kinda lost it and was crying and trying to give him CPR as I drove and I think twice pulled over to compose myself. My DD who is 2.5 was in the car. She knew that he was at the doctor...
Well.. I turned in my paper the other day. Unfortunately it was a few days late due to things being busy here at home. I received a C on it due to lateness, but the professor told me it was an A paper. Just thought I'd share with everyone who was so nice to help me with this! Thanks again Attachment and Transitional Objects Introduction: Western culture often emphasizes independence early in infancy and can lead to varying levels of attachment. ...
Caroline Thanks for the links! Great info I can see both sides on this subject.... I have also posted this on American Baby's forum to get responses from moms who are maybe less AP...or not at all.... to see if there is a difference. I kinda think that there are different kinds of TO's too... like a child carrying around a baby.. or stuffed animal and using it once in awhile.. or at bed/natptimes vs. having a pacifer or sucking thier thumb all day... I will...
Ok. last thing for awhile I realized I needed some other info for this. For the moms still breastfeeding, do you think your DC uses that as a transitional object? When do they use it... tired, hurt.... others... For the moms whose DC is attached/semi-attached to a transitional object.. When do they use it? Thanks again! This is great Andrea
Just wanted to share the Abstract to a study I found... This study examined a sample of practitioners of Attachment Parenting (AP) in the Western culture. Questionnaire data on a sample of mothers (n = 275) was gathered to identify the demographics and practices of AP mothers and the use of transitional objects (TOs) by their children. To further assess these practices a smaller sub-sample of this was interviewed (n = 15). The mothers primarily breastfed on the...
Wow! Thanks for the great replies so far! Thanks for including age too, I didn't think to ask that but I think its important to know. Andrea
I am a student mom.... working on getting my degree in Social Work. This semester I am taking Infancy and Early Childhood. We have a project that is due in about a month, and I am hoping to get some info from moms who do attachment parenting. I think I am going to do my report on children becoming attached to different things... like a blanket... or nuk... and look into why this happens and if there is a connection between being extremely attached to an object and...