or Connect

Posts by mamaetmaman

Hey all! Seems like there's a whole lotta action and excitement these days! Thanks for your mentions and well-wishes everyone Friederike- I've been wearing long sleeved shirts everyday to cover up the tracks. Lol. Problem is that I've only got one good vein for them to tap, and with the daily blood work, it gets tapped often lately. liz- omg the syringe cracked!!? Glad you managed to make it all work though. Enjoy the sorta honeymoon! AFM, ultrasound revealed a 20mm...
liz- awesome numbers of follies! I hope you get lots of good blastocysts outta them. Good luck an enjoy the hotel/holiday time with DP. afm- I'm CD11 as well. U/S today revealed just one follicle, 17mm. I had two others on the other side that have since retreated and stopped growing (12mm and 10mm). I go in tomorrow morning to see how big they are again. I'm hoping we inseminate on Sunday, buy I anticipate that the clinic won't have me trigger until my LH already starts...
Thanks for your well wishes everyone! Friederike- congrats on the marriage stuff! Hopefully it'll look like a "shotgun wedding". Lol. liz- good luck in Denmark!! Hope everyone else is doing well too!
Good luck Fmorris! I hope you and DP have as much fun inseminating as we did! Hope KD is the one!   Good luck Liz! Things are looking up! Grow follies grow!   Lea- we're gonna try this cycle, and then I'm thinking of taking a break for TTC-ing. My arms are barely healing in time from previous cycles, and I'm not sure I can handle the emotional rollercoaster. I think that the time off will result in a healthier environment that may yield greater success next...
liz- glad you got some answers, and have a very promising plan! Search online for cryogenic storage companies or science supply companies that can supply you with more liquid nitrogen. Often times, you just need to refill the tanks and it's just as good as being in the storage facility- as long as it remains as cold. Good luck on the IVF! It's Pride weekend here in Toronto. Happy Pride to all of you, wherever you are!
please move me to waiting to O. Had blood drawn today (12DPO) and the results came back as negative. This sucks. I'm going to drink an extra coffee, play hockey tonight, and stay for a beer in the change room with my team.
sandy- I agree with Sphinxy's advice. I tested OPKs after 10am and then up to 4 times a day nearing my expected ovulation day. The reason I did this is because most women ovulate 36 hours (or so) after the initial LH surge, and 12 hours (or so) after the peak of the surge. These numbers are approximate because I'm just writing a quick one. I checked CM and CP too and once you record one cycle, you will notice the differences in consistency and position. If you can't reach...
Friederike I wonder if our luteal phase defects have anything to do with us being very physically active? granite- I used to be a physician in a past life, and so my family doctor received the specimen and I just picked it up and did it at home. You could ask your family doctor if they would feel comfortable doing the IUI for you? We buy as we need. When I looked into storage, I think it was similar to what you're quoting- but per vial maybe? I don't remember because we...
welcome sandie congrats on finding your donor! Everyone has different opinions on mass purchases of donor sperm. We decided to buy them as needed, for various reasons. First of all, we had a top 2 list, and would be equally happy with either donor working out. Our "must have" list was also fairly flexible, so if both ran out, we would likely find another few that we would be happy with. As it turns out, we used one donor for our first insem, but he was no longer available...
congrats Heart!!!!!! fmorris- the most difficult part of the home iui was threading the catheter through the cervix. DW met some resistance about a cm in, and deposited the sperm there. This last time we did it at a clinic and the nurse threaded it in a good 2 inches or more, DW said she twisted the catheter a lot to help it thread through. Also- leave the speculum in for a good 10 mins after. When we removed it, it pulled out a bunch of the sperm sample. If you're using...