or Connect

Posts by mamaetmaman

hi Irex- I'm just starting IVF as well, and am sorry to hear your body is not behaving itself. I would love to hear what protocol your RE has you on. I have been on Marvelon since my last period, and stopped 2 days ago. I started Lupron (20 units per day) 9 days ago, and have been told to continue right until the trigger date (though I think they might lower the dose when I start to stim). I got my period today, and will probably start stimming with Gonal-F (not sure of...
Congrats Agrex! Happy New Year to all! I hope 2014 brings lots of BFPs and healthy babies! Cheers!
fille- no problem! I know the timing of everything can be very confusing- and it often changes with each cycle, which is frustrating. How's everyone doing in their TWW's? AFU- DW and I have both been on the Marvelon for several weeks now (which is making us both extremely moody!) and I started my Lupron yesterday at a 20unit daily dose. We continue on the Marvelon until Jan 2, and we should get periods probably on the 4th or 5th. A few days after that I start the stims...
Hi everyone! Things are busy over here, so I will be back with more personals on another day. fille- I have been on letrozole 3 times. All three times, it has significantly shortened my follicular phase (like from day 26 to day 16). I only ever had one dominant follicle, never multiples. It isn't very similar to clomid, which tends to encourage multiple follicles to develop as the dominant one. Letrozole will also not thin your uterine lining as much. It did give me hot...
Oh and regarding donors, I'm Asian and DW is Dutch/English/Scottish/maybe a little Native Canadian. I'll be the egg donor, so we chose a sperm donor that was Caucasian and an eighth Cherokee.
sandiego!!! congrats to you and the lady! Hope your interview went well too! Holy shit congrats!!!!! Lea- I'd go for it too! Every month is another chance! Darcy- fx for you! The first time DW and I inseminated was at home by ourselves. All we needed was a speculum, catheter and syringe, and a headlamp! It was actually really fun and much less stressful than an IUI at the RE clinic.
thanks for your thoughts lea, sandiego, hopeful, fried, and Darcy and everyone else! After 3 emails and 2 phone calls, I finally heard back from the RE's office. One nurse basically blamed it on another. Ugh. I hate that shit. Anyway, we have progress, I went in for my day 3 bloodwork, start Marvelon again today (to sync with DW's cycle), and probably start Lupron on the 24th. But before we stim, the clinic requires that we do a "donor/surrogate agreement" even though...
Darcy- the estradiol should thicken your lining up nicely by Friday. Good luck on Friday! Liz- a boy! Congrats! How exciting to find out. I have always thought that I'd know nothing about raising a boy (only ever had women around me- no brothers!). Obviously, I'd be happy with either. fried- lol with your description of the progesterone. I've been on it too before, and it is a yucky mess. Especially when it melts and you're scared that the entire volume has gone to waste...
congrats agrex!! that is amazing! Darcy- we were all set to start our meds for our IVF cycle when some routine bloodwork revealed really elevated cortisol. My RE cancelled the cycle and I've been seeing an endocrinologist since then. I had to do the 24 urine test and dexamethasone suppression test and get the results on Tues. I also had an unusually high prolactin back in June, which we are also looking into. How about you? How did your results go and what is your plan of...
fille- sorry to hear about AF :( . December will be a nice fresh start.   pook- Your story about the progesterone cream was cute! Keeping fingers crossed for you in this TWW!   friederike- HUGE HUG! I am so excited for you and your DW!!!!!!!! STicky sticky baby dust!!   liz and redrockband- Hi gals! How goes it on the pregnant side? Hope you're both doing great!