or Connect

Posts by SoapMama12

I agree with above posters that since it is only a temporary attachment you probably won't have a problem.   I prefer the dunk and swish method myself. I keep a pair of rubber gloves by the toilet and IME find it to be way more effective than a sprayer. I used to use a sprayer but felt like if I didn't have the angle right I ended up spraying poop water everywhere.
What helped me was having a theme for every night. It limited my options which made planning easier. I also like to cook things that require little to no recipe. Plus, I get the most bang for my buck with the meat since I stretch it out for a few days.   For example, Monday (Meat Day)- Roast chicken or beef, baked potatoes, veggie/salad Tuesday (Rice, Beans, Leftover Meat Day)- Burritos with the leftover chicken?beef or maybe a casserole Wednesday (Soup Day)- I make...
Hmmmm... I may have to join thread. Maybe I'll feel more productive if I can actually see what I am accomplishing throughout the day.   Started babysitting my 4mo nephew today. So with my own dd (1.5yrs) today has been kinda crazy.   -picked nephew up -started the crockpot roast for dinner -gave dd a bath -washed a load of cloth diapers -quick vacuum of the downstairs -lots of nursing dd, bottles for nephew, and diaper changes -dropped nephew off -cleaned up...
 The recipe I use is pretty easy. You can use it as a lotion bar too. Equal parts by weight: cocoa butter, beeswax, and sunflower oil. Melt, mix, add EO, and pour into lip balm tubes or a container. You can add whatever EO you want. I usually do peppermint or orange. If you want it to be more glossy or shiny use coconut oil or olive oil instead.
We have about 1/3 of an acre although when you minus the house, garage, front yard and driveway it's much less. This was our first year raising broilers. We got a batch of 10 freedom rangers in the spring and then a batch of 15 late summer. My husband built a sturdy pen with a covering for them to stay in at night or when we weren't home. We also built a lightweight mobile pen but we ended up not really using it that much. Since I am home most of the time I would just let...
It is nice to see this thread still going.   A little bit about myself... I quit teaching to become a part-time nanny and be able to bring my daughter to work and spend more time homesteading. Then in May I left working outside of the home completely to be a ft SAHM. We live in the suburbs with 4 ducks and 4 chickens. We also raised 25 broilers this year. We try to cook everything from scratch and make the most of what we have. We have a veggie garden and make our own...
I say that while I feel very blessed that we are able to live off one income, it was a big decision and we make many sacrifices to make it work. A lot of people seem to think that we must make tons of money for me to be able to stay at home when that really isn't the case at all.
I only have a minute right now, but wanted to respond. I love Shannon Hayes! I read Radical Homemaker a few years ago and found it fascinating and inspiring. I would love to hear from others embracing that kind of lifestyle.
This thread is refreshing. My daughter isn't even 11 months old yet and family/friends are already trying to turn everything into a teachable moment. "See the bunny. The bunny is BROWN. How many bunnies are there? ONE, TWOOO, THREEEEE. Turn the page. Goood Job!" I have to remind them every time to just let her enjoy the story/play/climb/crawl etc. I am thankful for supportive forums like this, most people I know IRL have never heard of Waldorf education.
I am going to have to give this a try. My 10-month old is waking every two hours and it is starting to wear on me. She used to give me at least one 4-hour stretch at night but not anymore. When she was just born I was drinking TONS of water but have since been slacking..oops I also wonder if it has something to do with nursing her in bed. We cosleep and for the first few months, whenever she would need to nurse at night I would get out of bed, change her diaper, nurse...