or Connect

Posts by Sarah

I know to some people this may sound crazy- and it will probably seem difficult at first- but it's no harder than learning to knit- and you already did that once.  It's to knit with more than one technique... switch back and forth from English and Continental... mix it up and instead of turning and then purling- knit backwards etc.  The stitches really don't care how you make them, which side of the work is facing you or what direction you approach them from- as long as...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ArlSmig39LI/TJUi3hDzSnI/AAAAAAAAAeE/4Bt-cZYNCEI/s1600/solicitors.jpg  I designed a hospital door sign that's a little different than what you are talking about- mine says "No Circumcision Solicitors" and then some other text under it.  I was inspired to make the sign because I was asked multiple times if I was going to be circumcising my first son and even though I had no trouble saying no- I found the constant asking to be extremely...
http://www.cutthefilm.com/Cut_Website/Home.html  Learn more here and check out where it may be screened near you!  
http://www.cutthefilm.com/Cut_Website/Home.html  This screening of a film about circumcision will kick off a nationwide tour. There will be a discussion time after with the filmmaker. 
Hi Diana- You posted this a while ago, I don't know if you are still looking at moving.  I just want to remind you that Louisville is right across the river from Indiana, so- depending on where your husband works in the city- you might be able to find a place in Indiana in his commute distance.  When I moved out here 16 years ago- we were looking for a horse farm in N KY and could not find anything in our price range- but as soon as we crossed the river things were much...
I would question your numbers of the all time high being in the 1950-60s  I think the all time high came later in the 1980s and fell from there.   The reason why the rates began falling after the 1980s is because (this is my theory) because of a brand new idea in the medical world- "Informed Consent"  Now you must understand- the informed consent process with circumcision even to this day is HORRIBLE- I am not crediting the "information" provided in the process for...
It is very important that a USA voice for genital integrity be heard by the same international community which is hearing a lot of USA promoting circumcision in the third world.  Not only do American parents and doctors need support from an international community to see the err in our ways- the international community needs to hear dissenting voices coming from America.  A "Jaunt to Rome" is not a vacation, it is the location of an important international conference.
I wrote it myself.  Several years ago I attended a protest in Philadelphia at an ACOG convention and I wanted to have some literature that was just for doctors... not the same type of thing that you might use at a baby fair to approach parents.  I wrote about the experience with the doctors on my blog, but I don't think I'm allowed to link to my blog here.  If you do a search for "Ten Great Reasons for Obstetricians to stop circumcising babies" this thread comes up...
You never know who may come out of the woodwork to support you! I think it's great to open up the discourse among your friends- even if they don't agree- it's great that you can be counted for believing what you do (that alone goes so far to countering the myth that "everyone...(anything) "  Also- for lots of people these ideas take years to take root- it's wonderful if you can get people thinking before they are pacing the halls at L&D.
That's very interesting Brant- but I'm curious how many circumcised men were even in the study... if the circumcision rate is less than 2% - they might have only had about 100 circumcised men/partners of circumcised men. I'm also curious how they took demographic factors into account since almost all of the circumcised people would be either Muslim or Jewish... I'm curious if the same results would develop in a country like the USA where the circumcision practice is...