or Connect

Posts by rebekah7

Sure thing! Sending you a private message.
I have some of the Earth Mama postpartum sitz bath herbs also. I was planning to brew them like a tea, strain it, and spoon that on the pads then freeze them. I've been through about 30 witch hazel pads since birth 3+ days ago (changing pads each time I go to the bathroom) and I think I'll use that Earth Mama sitz stuff next. I sprayed the Earth Mama bottom spray on pads, but that doesn't seem to help much unless the pad is sort of saturated.
We did it!! I had the homebirth we planned and I longed for! Our surprise gender babe Marley Mae was born safely at home early Saturday morning (1/18) with the guiding hands of a midwife. 8+ lbs. Perfect newborn exam and no complications for me or her. Certainly didn't think my labor would be just shy of 24 hours. Though I prepared for it, I have learned so much from the experience that I could apply to my time as a birthworker and my future birthing experiences, if those...
It is not true. Here in North Carolina under the current legislation, only a CNM (certified nurse midwife) can legally attend homebirths. For the entire state of NC, only 4 CNMs are currently practicing in the homebirth setting: one in Asheville, one near the Triangle/Raleigh, one in Fayetteville, and another that covers Jacksonville. That practice is Midwifery Services, http://midwiferyservices.net. Some birthing in NC choose to hire a CPM (certified professional midwife)...
  It's interesting: I have sort or the same twinkle in my eye. My husband will just be sitting in the living room, and I feel like I fall in love with him all over again. :) It's like I'm gaga, a little teen. He's so charming to look at, seems more-so than ever. Complete overshare ahead! Buttttttt...we are having some hurdles. Things were going along smoothly up until about 30 weeks. And then there was an incident that led to emotional and physical disconnect, and the...
I bought some disposable maternity Natracare pads for the first few hours/days postpartum where I'll put witch hazel on one end of them and stick them in the freezer. But, I'm planning to stitch some pads out of flannel for when my postpartum bleeding lightens up a bit. I'm having my placenta encapsulated. I may not bleed heavily for long, as it depends on how fast the person can get over to my home to start the process. One of the first things they do is a placenta...
@pamelaRRRR - I have used the nasal strips on occasion and they have helped me...if they stay stuck. I used them some when I had a head/chest cold for about 2 weeks. I have allergies year-round, but I'm sure it would be tougher to deal with being this far along in pregnancy during the spring.     Ditto to the lack of sleep! The tough part, as others said, is that I'm tired but cannot get to sleep when I do lie down. One night this past week, I was up every 30-60...
Thanks for sharing your story @tspencer519! We're also planning a homebirth, and our midwife would have said the exact same thing: rest, and call if things change. :)
I haven't been chatty much at all lately, but am looking for additional support in general -- even if it's virtual. : ) I'm due mid-January, gender unknown. Will catch up on the thread and chime in more later!
What she said! Survey is still open, and will only take a few minutes of your time.