or Connect

Posts by Alexsandra

I did The Continuum Concept, under the tutelage of Jean Liedloff, where one carries the baby from birth to crawling.  I did a LOT of activities with baby in the sling, as long as it felt safe.  Some of those activities were:  Shopping; all household chores at hand which included all cooking; light gardening; outdoor concerts; dance classes but not 'full out;' touring; even bicycling and swimming.  How active a mother must be depends on the child and this is based a number...
Wrenmoon:  Tried to se how to message you privately but no luck.  I LOVE this bow and arrow pic w/baby riding on the back!  IF you have time, could you email me @ tccparenting@gmail.com ?  I am a Continuum Concept Consultant, requested by author of The Continuum Concept, Jean Liedloff's. 
Typically as you get more active while you carry your baby in a sling, they will settle down.
 Sorry to ask what is obvious to others--what's OP nofrillsmama? (opposite?) 
IMO, the most important thing for your infant and family is for him to be carried now.  i would do ANY THING possible to get a sling and make carrying your infant #1 priority.  The benefits show up in a few short months.  Breast feeding and carrying an infant from birth to creeping or crawling is the most powerful way to bond with your baby and makes them super secure and content.  You can make a sling with 2 yards of fabric from the fabric store.  Or, cut a sheet to size...
Just to repeat and be more clear, I take a quote from what I wrote above:  "CC children generally will reach the basic milestones about the same age . . . "  That means walking, rolling crawling.  Generally, if a child is neurologically normal,  it does not matter when they meet these milestones!  It does not prove more or less intelligence.  This is more genetic, more brain chemistry, and individual for the most part.  These other qualities of great joy, self reliance,...
CONGRATULATIONS ON DOING THE CONTINUUM CONCEPT SO FAR!! Jean Liedloff, the author of The Continuum Concept, (TCC) and I worked together until she asked me to continue her work.  In my 23 years of experience, I have only heard of how extremely advanced Continuum Concept (CC) children are.  I have never once heard or seen that they are slower.  It is really very different from attached parenting, although there are overlaps. CC children generally will reach the basic...
I do not understand why anyone fusses with carrying the baby up high when on your back.  Look at native pictures of women carrying their young babies.  None of them have the baby breathing on your neck.   It makes the center of gravity so high up on your skeleton, it not ideal positioning at all.  If you are concerned about baby's head when he sleeps, they still rest their head forward on your upper back.  Even with my spine, which has little thorasic curve, babies heads...
YES, Mei Tai for the back works!  In fact, it is more like my antique thing than any other sling on today's market.  How old is your lo?  Weight?  You probably have it written somewhere above. You will tell your hubby that if you have this sling, the baby will be happier.  (He KNOWS what THAT means). Here is a business idea for a mom:  Why not invest in baby stuff, including toys, and rent them out? We did not need a high chair, swing, bouncy anything because baby was...
Also, i did not carry lo on the back because the only sling available that I could find at that time looked too daunting.  Hence, baby was in the ring sling for almost 6 months.  When I had help, the back sling gave lots more freedom and was better for my body.   But, what would I do if there was nothing but concrete around?  Like the post office, grocery, a museum, or wherever, without an aid?  Then, I MADE myself FACE THE FEAR, bite that bullet, and use only the back...