or Connect

Posts by homewithtwinsmama

The death with the twin mother was in a hospital I would like to point out, and I know a friend of the family.  There was no BP/ liver issue evident before birth they way she was told by family.  It was a postpartum quickly escalating situation/tragedy.  As a twice twin mama (who trained with Gena's eventual midwife and know how amazing she is) that story broke my heart.  I was a transfer for my second twin pregnancy for preterm birth (didn't expect it since my first...
Hey there lady!  We are still here.  Evelyn is working through the Nursing Board process to get her license back.  It takes a long time, but light at the end of the tunnel I think soon.  I have been birth assisting with Susan Dodge mostly since then and also doing doula work with partners in the doula biz.  I started nursing school in the fall on the road to CNM, God willing.  Everyone else in the office has moved on and is doing well.  I miss being at ABC.  I don't...
I am in my first semester of nursing school. Ought to be in bed right now because I have to be up at 5am for clinical tomorrow.  I am finding the whole package of working (doula and CBE), student, and mother to 5 to be very difficult.  My kids are definitely feeling neglected and I please no one no matter how hard I try.  Thank God for my mother and a dear friend who pick up the slack for me with my children. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and...
Don't take it lying down.  Get your records report the anesth. and bad nurses to the head of the hospital and head of OB and Anesthesiology departments. Report the doctor to the State Board of Physicians.  Send a copy to JACHO accreditation agency for hospitals.  You deserved so much better but unless women stand up and demand it it won't happen.  I went on the warpath after the NICU and birth experience of my preemie twin birth. They formed a COMMITTEE to revise policy...
Call Evelyn's cell phone number.  There is no "office" now.
Frankly, I would talk to Dr. Simmonds and let him know your issues with Terri and make it clear that you DONT want to see her anymore now or for the birth.  See what they say.  Being treated meanly in prenatals would absolutely mean I needed to not see her or change to another practice!  Unacceptable.  I have been with a couple of the MCA midwives but not with her.  Not happy to hear that.  In the past MCA when it was the Maternity Center had one midwife who was just...
Except that her rate of infant mortality rate for the previous 5 years of ABC's clients was zero.  So that is how extracting data can be misleading.  And over a 26 year career, you are looking at a less than 1% IMR in over 2000 births.  She is just a wonderful, capable, amazing midwife.  I knew it just from working with her clients as a CBE and doula and after working as her assistant I absolutely know it to be true.  
Ack, two more women calling this week wanting a licensed home birth provider where none is available.  This is insanity!
Cat,   I left you a private message and my phone number.  Feel free to call me about doula services, some great childbirth prep for both of you and other issues related to midwives that you mentioned.  I am teaching this afternoon/early evening, but will be free later to talk.  
Last I checked Florida has no grandparent rights laws.  I checked because I am afraid of my own inlaws.  It found it funny that I would have to move to where they live to prevent them from having the possibility of getting grandparent rights.  That was a few years back though.  Don't know current statutes.  (just in case the move to Canada isn't workable...)  I hope you never need it.