or Connect

Posts by anansay

Quote: Originally Posted by cjanelles It seems--at this point--that the most important thing to do is get her to at least the first meeting with a counselor (and hope and pray that the counselor is actually good at working with troubled teens and not a pompous jerk). So, with that in mind, I would do whatever I could to get her to come with you willfully...without punishing her for saying she doesn't want to go. Bribe her. Put it to her like...
Rehab is not an option, so it seems. That's only available on a voluntary basis, and she doesn't feel she has a problem; or if she decides to break the law and then is forced, by the courts, into rehab. I'm in Canada, Ontario to be exact. I've called all of the places that I could find in the phonebook and all the places I was referred to. ALL of them said either she comes in on her own, or the courts force her in. quoting: Redifer: Quote: If no one...
I have found myself, at times, unfairly favouring one child over another. I don't notice it until everything's over and I'm bitching about the episode to a friend. And what doesn't bother some people, may bother others. And sometimes that can change. I used to be able to handle my children's bickering, but now it grates on my nerves something fierce. Or sometimes it's just a want/need to have silence and ANY noise is too much. Perhaps the daughter wanted some...
This is being reposted from a comment made in thread: "17 yo out of control" as the suggestion of user="cdahlgrd". I hope this alright. ________________________________________________ 1) It's BLOODY SCARY to force yourself to stand back and watch your child "crash and burn". on the other hand... 2) sometimes a parent can't do anything BUT watch their child crash and burn, their own pain going unheeded in their child's hell-bent path of personal...
Quote: Originally Posted by Synthea™ Best thing to do when you offer help and they shut you down, it to let them crash and burn. You can only do so much at that age. Just let her know you'll be there when she's ready to act responsible (or when she's ready to admit she needs help getting there) but until then, she's on her own. I realize that won't be popular here, but I've been in this situation, both as the teenager and as the mother figure. Tough...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly71 Yikes . . . was craving Chinese food--2 beef teriyaki, 2 fried shrimp, 2 spring rolls, 2 spare ribs, 2 crab rangoon and 1 chicken wing (fried) Blah! : : Why do I sabotage myself? I do really well for a while then blow it! : Everyone is allowed to stumble here and there--it's how we learn to walk better. So you binged. Did you enjoy it? Were you smiling while you ate? Did it...
I would say... cardio and what you're putting into your body. All the exercise in the world won't do much for fat-reduction. It WILL firm up your muscles, but you'll hardly see them unless the fat is gone! Cardio (anything from walking to running to cycling/spinning to aerobics class) speeds up the heart beat and allows the fat to be "burned" off. And the less fat your put into your body, from food, the less there will be on your body. Two years ago I picked...
Quote: Originally Posted by tuffykenwell Well I am in Sudbury so that leaves me out LOL! Steph Hello there fellow Sudburian! Fancy meeting someone in the same city!? Just thought I'd let you know.
Gosh, I'm not quite sure if this is what was intended in this writing forum. I'll post it anyway and if it's not within the boundaries/guidelines just let me know. When I write I tend to lean toward the angst. Very few times do I write anything humourous (for future reference. ) Here is my contribution: -------------------------------- BROKEN PROMISES She didn’t mean to do it. But sometimes (most times) it just happened. Like today. She’d promised...
Quote: Originally Posted by orangefoot Hi, this must really be wearing you down. My ds1 is 11 and just starting to get a bit teen-grumpy but he is not angry (as yet). I am worn down. Quote: The lack of men in his life may be an issue but you have already identified that. Being surrounded by women at this age in the family and at school with a female teacher may be adding to his feeling that no-one understands...