or Connect

Posts by TheCrunchyBrit

Thank you berrypavlova - I'll look that book up now and report back!
Oh wengrin - been there before!  Its hard not to test constantly when you so want it. Interestingly enough, I got the links to the gender swaying site from posting about the Shettles/timing before O method not working.  Inadvertently, we were the perfect example of using the Shettles method to get a girl when we got DS! We never tried for either gender when we were TTC DS but the month we conceived, we BDed a whole 5 days before I ovulated.  The next day, DH picked up a...
Good luck wengrin!  I've decided to use these next 2 'waiting' months not just to learn FAM but also to try a few gender swaying methods.  I'm not entirely convinced we'll be successful!  My family is full of boys, I'm one of very very few girls and one of DH's grans hasn't got a single female grandchild - not one - so we're going to push the boat out and try a few fun swaying methods to see if we'll get the first girlie.  Unfortunately, one of the key girl swaying methods...
Well, I've just ordered 'hands are not for hitting'. It should arrive on Monday so we'll start reading that together, even though he can't read the words, I've flicked through the book and his understands a lot of the words used when spoken so I'm hopeful we'll get the message across.  I think 'teeth are not for biting' might be next on the list!  He's currently cutting some molars and chomping down on everything in sight.
Thanks lauren, those books sound really good - he loves being read to.  I'll definitely check them out.  We're really trying not to react and to teach him 'gentle touch' but he's just so boisterous!  He's a proper hulking big boy and honestly he doesn't know his own strength.  When do they usually grow out of hitting/biting?
DS is our first child so I have no experience of disciplining children as yet and just know that I really want to avoid being a disciplinarian as much as possible. I do however believe that certain behaviours are not acceptable - slapping people in the face for example.... Sadly, this past month DS has started doing just that. He's obviously testing his boundaries and generally being a cheeky monkey because he laughs after slapping someone. I'd really like to nip this...
I would definitely say the Shettles method doesn't work! Sorry... We never tried for a particular gender when TTC but the month I conceived DS, DH and I BDed 5 days before I ovulated. The next day, DH was unfortunately put 'out of action' by a sporting injury - owch! Anyway, seeing as our last BD was a full 5 days before O, I forgot about it and wrote that month off. 2 weeks later I got my BFP. From day 1 everyone, including me, was convinced we were having a little...
List updated to here Welcome jenandadee!  DS is also a supernurser,  I had a quick look at that book mareseatoats linked to though and it looks beautiful if you want to go down the night weaning route. wengrin - ohhh, exciting!  Fingers crossed for a nice BFP this week then! I'm having fun learning FAM and have got my mittleschmertz today  Makes me a bit sad we can't BD but it's not too long to wait until December now.
List updated to here Welcome berrypavlova - baby dust to you! Thanks for the grad thread RosieL - I have subscribed in the vague hope that I will be able to join you all in January Ok - drum roll please..... DH has also caught rubella!!!  I guess from our own experience, it's pretty safe to say Britain's '90s rubella vax campaign was a dud then.  Still, at least DH will now be properly immune and won't ever endanger a pregnancy.  Roll on December!  Please can we have a...