or Connect

Posts by TheCrunchyBrit

Have you checked out kellymom's page on nursing strikes?  http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/ I think the basics are feed him whatever he'll take for now & keep pumping to maintain your supply.  Nursing strikes can last for a while. I think some good things to keep in mind are to get loads of skin-to-skin, even if it's not breast milk you're feeding him, even if its more fruit puree, then feed him up close and skin-to-skin if possible.  Also, if you...
Thanks llwr.  When did they get back on track?  Or even did they ever get back on track???  I'm returning to work next week so freaking out slightly now at the lack of sleep. I also should have mentioned in my first post that DS has also started sleep walking these past 2 weeks.  Both me and DH used to sleep walk as children occasionally so it's not totally out of the blue but a lot earlier than expected!  The other night he was sound asleep next to me as usual then he...
Thanks ladies, cackle spackle - LOL!  I'm so excited to pick up the girls now.  I'll definitely be checking out that forum too.
How awful for you and your poor DS!  I have no experience of this but everything I've read about nursing strikes has said the only thing to do is pump, pump, pump your milk.  If you don't have a breast pump then you can express manually - you can find videos to show you how on you tube.  If you're still in hospital then the hospital should have a breast pump that you can use.  Keep pumping to keep your supply up and offer milk to DS any way he'll take it - ie. syringe,...
Hi everyone, Hope you can help.  DS has just turned 9 months old and for the past 2 weeks he's started to wake up crying loudly about every 40 minutes during the night.  He's never slept through but always had a sort of pattern from about 6 weeks old of going to bed anywhere between 7-8pm, waking for a feed at about 11:30 and then again at about 4am, followed by getting up between 6-7am.  Whenever he's been teething or having a growth spurt then he's woken between...
Thanks carseatqueen - I guess I'm just worried about being tarred with the same brush as the last people.  Honestly, I do think I just want a cat too!  Hehe.. will the DH that we HAVE to have one.
I planned a home birth in England and had to fight tooth and nail to get it because I'd had a previous operation on my uterus.  As it turns out I went to hospital.  I was 2 weeks overdue and bubs was in serious danger of arriving on what would be my deceased brother's birthday - for no other reason than that I went to hospital to be induced.  It might sound crazy but the thought of DS sharing a birthday with my brother who had died as a baby was deeply distressing to me;...
Just to throw something new into the mix here... I'm also 6lbs over my pp weight but I actually lost weight to conceive.  I had an ectopic pregnancy followed by 5 miscarriages before we got our boy because I had an undiagnosed partial septum in my uterus.  I had an operation to fix it 3 months before I got pregnant with DS but had put on about 20lbs throughout all the miscarriages as I comfort ate through them all.  Anyway, my ob/gyn was quite blunt with me after he'd...
Hi everyone, Newbie here!  Please can you add me to the hoping the catch the first pp egg list?  DS is now 9 months old and still nursing day & night - too much for my periods to start up just yet - and although I have absolutely no intention of forcing him to wean (I plan to bf him to term), I am returning to work next week so think the extended separation 3 days a week might have an impact and jump start my cycle.... pretty please God!  Don't want to return to work...
Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this community - I honestly don't think there's a British one like it.  I don't feel quite so alone in my AP style now so thank you Anyway, my question is this: How can I start up with chickens in a suburban garden without upsetting my new neighbours?  DH and I have recently moved into our first house.  We've previously only lived in apartments and I was so excited to get a garden.  DH promised that I could buy some chickens as...