or Connect

Posts by TheCrunchyBrit

My brother has just announced his girlfriend is pregnant and I'm thrilled at the thought of becoming an auntie for the first time My only misapprehension is that I know that if I didn't talk to his girlfriend about breastfeeding then she wouldn't have anyone else encouraging her and wouldn't do it.  I understand that this is not my baby and therefore ultimately I don't get a say on how he/she will be fed but this baby is family, which makes her family, and I want the...
Happy birthday baby wengrin! I also get mittelschmerz and always have since my first cycle.  It has definitely returned in the last 2 months but still no first PPAF, so I agree with wengrin - could be your body trying to release an egg but not quite managing it.  I'm pretty sure that's what is happening to me.
List updated to here sierramtngirl - quite a few of us here are starting vitex if you want to join us.  RosieL posted an interesting monograph on the pros and cons in July's post.  I'll see if I can re-post it here.   here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zx5jov0g0j9i74i/Vitex%20monograph%204%20Shannon.docx   Thanks to RosieL!
My DS also avoids my MIL.  I know this is because he's at the age (just turned 1) where by if he doesn't see people on a daily basis, he's nervous of them and MIL doesn't visit often.  Neither does FIL (MIL and FIL are divorced BTW) but he will eventually go to FIL and sit on his knee or hand him a toy etc, because FIL is much more chilled out about the whole thing.  FIL lets DS come round by just ignoring him almost but MIL gets upset if DS doesn't go to her.  She tries...
Honestly sierramtngirl - I couldn't tell you what's going on there!  I haven't had my first PPAF yet and I've heard that the first few cycles can be erratic (to put it kindly).  May be some others will have a better idea?  Come and join us on the August thread.    August thread is up and running ladies!  Please join us on August: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1387811/nursing-mamas-ttc-august
August                            Waiting to be ready  SierraBella  sraplayas AndtheStars LoveNFaith522 texasfarmom Waiting to Catch First PP Egg!  tanyato girlspn ChristinaMac CrystalR   leavesofgrass element2012 Waiting to Ovulate newgirlintown alisondarling kgpplus3 hughkona vivica2 stretch358 sierramtngirl dishescanwait TheCrunchyBrit SoCaliMommy wengrin     Waiting to Know -...
Congratulations tolovemercy!!!  You've had a short stay with us but I'm so happy for you - it can be done!  I'll add you as a July success story seeing as there's no August thread yet.   Thank you to all of you for your birthday wishes for my DS, we had a great day.  The icing on the cake came today though when my brother and his girlfriend announced their pregnancy - I'm chuffed to bits.  My DS is the first grandchild on both sides of family so he has no cousins to...
List updated to here - July done!!   Hi everyone, just popping in to update the list while DS is having a nap.  DS is 1 today!!  We've had the first round of relatives and I'm busy preparing for the next lot after his nap.  He's been super spoiled bless him - my living room floor is covered in toys, seriously I'm having trouble walking though it all. Welcome newbies!  I love knowing so many of us are TTC and breastfeeding at the same time, it makes me really...
Dandy Lion - OMG, thank God you were able to conceive after that.  That's awful but I really believe your story in particular highlights the awful risks associated with coils that no-one talks about when you ask for one to be fitted. Having said that, some women have no problems and absolutely love their coils but everyone I've ever known who's had one has suffered some problem or other.
List updated to here emom47 - Do you know if fertilaid is available in the UK?   rinap, I believe that yes breastfeeding can affect implantation because of the way it suppresses progesterone production.  It's a 2-fold attack if you like, in that lack of progesterone stops the lining of the womb thickening up enough to support implantation and if the egg does manage to implant anyway, then it gets flushed away by the mother's period arriving sooner than normal...