or Connect

Posts by TheCrunchyBrit

Ok, I've taken the silence as confirmation I'm the pioneer on this one.  So as I'm back in work tomorrow, I bite the bullet and just went for it.  I'm pleased to report a roaring success but the acid test will be if he eats it when I'm not there obviously.  I took about 350ml of breast milk (frozen) and bashed it down to fine ice with a rolling pin, then I mixed it with 100ml of strawberry puree before packing it all back into lolly moulds.  You could probably use...
^^^ That!!!  Returning to work last week I found at least 3 new pregnant colleagues and 2 who I thought were MIA but no, they were actually on maternity leave!!!  This is what happens when you have a year off obviously.  Happy for them but increasing jealous
No advice but I'm bumping this for you
I've recently returned to work 3 days a week and prepared a stash of frozen breast milk for DS while I'm away; however, he absolutely refuses to drink it!  The only way my mum's been getting any milk at all down him is by using a medicine syringe.  She can only get about 15ml down him by that method though before he refuses anymore.  When DH get's home and collects DS, DH tries again to offer milk but he won't take it.  DS has never had a bottle from anyone and we've not...
Thanks for replying ladies - apologies I haven't got back to you all earlier but I returned to work last week and its been quite a shock to DS.  He's been extra clingy in the evenings and on my days off, its heartbreaking really.  The chickens are going to be fun I'm sure though.  Journeymom  - yeah I think its the same, let's just say he was MAD!!!  I'm going on holiday in June but when we return in July we'll be nesting for our girlies!!  I'm extremely excited and...
Congratulations cwill!! Don't think it'll be me next though...  I went back to work 3 days a week last week and DS has gone on strike for the days I'm away - all my lovely expressed milk gets thrown on my mum's carpet   He refuses milk from anyone except me, and direct from the boobs at that!  So the days I work, he feeds double (at least) in the night to catch up on the milk he's missed during the day!!!  All those night feeds surely can't be helping the ovulation...
Right well DS decided to have a mini nursing strike yesterday - only lasted 16 hours but I leaked constantly despite pumping.  It's clear he feeds like a demon (no way I'd get pregnant keeping that up) but I'm going back to work tomorrow so wish me luck!
You've not jinxed us!  He's fine now, feeding properly again and I'm glad you're all home safe and feeding well too.  Just goes to show how little the medical profession knows or cares about breastfeeding - apart from the odd fantastic one that's surprised me - mummy definitely knows best! X
Oh the irony!  DS woke at 4am this morning and fed, then for the rest of the day he bit, screamed and pulled away from the breast without a single suck .  To say I was devastated was an understatement.  Tried loads of skin-to-skin, baths, etc, just kept offering - nope.  Then finally I got him to sleep for the night and sat next to him waiting for him to stir (he usually does 30-45 mins in).  When he started stirring I sneaked in my boob whilst he was still asleep and he...
^^^ Its not looking good for me then is it???  DS is only 9 months old and I've got no intention of weaning him yet but I return to work 3 days a week next week and I was hoping that would start up my cycle again - probably not if I'm like everyone else on this thread   My only other breastfeeding colleague is currently pregnant with #2 and she told me it took them 15 months of trying - oh c**p.