or Connect

Posts by TheCrunchyBrit

As DD is fussing at the breast and your supply is dropping, I second the recommendation for you to cut dairy out of both yours and her diet.  I would also think its a good idea to check DD and you for thrush.  My DS went through a terrible time of fussiness and refusing booby but wanting it at the same time - it turned out to be a bad case of thrush coupled with a lactose intolerance turning his stomach.  He was so windy and uncomfortable, you could sometimes hear his...
Yay!  So pleased for you both xx
Sorry erigeron Its the only thing that sucks about bf isn't it?  
Thank you for all your help ladies.  Once I'm up and running I will start a new thread and post some pictures for you.  
^^^  This is definitely me!!  DS is now going through what I believe to be the 9 month sleep regression and showing no signs of dropping feeds any time soon.  But then again, I'm back in work 3 days a week from next week so we'll see if that has an impact.  I really hope it does!  I'd love to be cooking another little cutie.
Yeah DH has also thrown his arm on him a few times.  I just don't think its worth the risk of putting baby in the middle just yet.  We've just purchased a new kingsize bed and that's made all the difference.  Is there any way you can make enough space to up-size your bed?  Can you perhaps move wardrobes into another room or do you have storage space elsewhere in the home that you could take advantage of?  You can pack loads of stuff in vacuum bags - they save a ton of...
I think llwr is referring to when a baby decides they no longer need 2 naps a day and drop down to just 1.  This doesn't really apply to me yet though as DS is such a light sleeper he's still on 3 shorter naps a day.  1 in the morning, 1 at lunchtime and 1 in the afternoon.  His sleep patterns are poor but my whole family's are.  Pretty much everyone on my mum's side had terrible childhood insomnia, me included and then there's the sleep walking (see above!).  May be...
Glad your getting help with the thrush now, as bruna says, it should hopefully improve his ability to nurse.  Fingers crossed he starts up soon and kudos to you for being such a tiger mummy - not that you should have to fight medical professionals on the benefits of breastfeeding!!  Keep us posted when your little man starts nursing again x
DH has said he'd sleep with DS in the middle as well but I always say no.  Its a breastfeeding mum's hormones that make her so aware of the baby and their position in a bed and DH can't breastfeed!!  I would definitely say its a no-no for the first year or more.  Once I had DS in the middle just for a feeding position - I was thankfully wide awake and intended to move DS when he'd fallen asleep - when DH rolled backwards and would have rolled on DS if it wasn't for me...