or Connect

Posts by MamaCAS

I have the same issue with my three-year old son. There was a period of about three years when his older sister was deeply into princesses (Disney ones included). I thought it would never end. It did. She finished whatever the obsession was and I have my hopes pinned that he, too, will work it out and move past it.
I watched some videos. I presumed the first one was an exaggeration or a propaganda thing. I watched a few more. Then I learned that it makes sex more pleasurable for a male to have the foreskin. Then I learned that it was not unsanitary and not likely to be a contributor to STDs. Then I gave a lot of thought to why I thought I would circ and whether I was really going to do what I saw in the videos to my son to protect him from potential locker room banter. And...
I could get her a new bento box too. I got annoyed when she lost it and haven't replaced it so maybe that would be more exciting than the tupperware she currently gets. I sometimes cannot believe how much thought I put into lunch -- I recall eating alot of bologna sandwiches on brown bread packed in a used cellophane bag.
I'm going to try some of these -- especially letting her pack her own lunch! Thanks so much for thinking on it with me!
Here is the dilemma: 6 year old girl used to eat her lunch as expected at kindergarten. For the past few weeks, her lunch comes home almost completely intact. When asked, she offers various explanations: too little time, couldn't open the thermos, friend keeps talking to her, can't find her spoon,etc... She comes home and quickly becomes cranky, emotional, and quick to fight with little brother, a likely result of being hungry. Any ideas how I can help us avoid...
That's a good idea! Thanks.
Has anyone found some dance classes (other than ballet/tap) for elementary ages (other than ballet/tap). My daughter wants to move, and is inspired by performances she has seen of hiphop and disco. Any thoughts appreciated. (We have tried ballet and tap. They weren't much fun! We are looking for FUN.)
Hi everyone, My 6 year-old doesn't go to Waldorf for economic reasons. But I know quite a bit about it and wish she did. I wonder if anyone has knowledge or experience in a Waldorf approach to a child who talks about stealing, wanting to steal. I know the approach would probably involve a story, and indirect ethics lesson rather than a lecture. Any suggestions? The background is that her best friend left some maps at our house after an overnight. These are special...
"I know it's hard to wait when there's cake! As soon as you are done, you can have your cake. What was your favorite thing that you did this afternoon?" I think this is a great response. In the event that your DC is actually looking to challenge you and can't be distracted, for instance says, "I said, I want CAKE", I have used a sentence I learned at a Love & Logic seminar: "I love you too much to argue about that." I don't know that it is a particularly waldorf-y...
Thanks Deborah!