or Connect

Posts by jeanine123

I also would have been upset if anyone pulled out one of my child's teeth without my permission. I don't send my child to school to have his teeth pulled out because some TA decides it's ready.  And yes, if enough force was placed on the tooth it would have come out even if it weren't ready.  My oldest son lost a barely lose tooth one evening when he hit his little brother's head too hard.  Lots of crying and a fair amount of blood with that.  And the adult tooth didn't...
It's always fascinating to hear about such wide differences in experience.  I grew up near a small town in WI and went to a small high school (as in, under 400 kids total).  For us a fight at school would have been a big deal.  And since it was such a small town, it would have been all over town before the day was done, lol.    This was also pre-Columbine days.... noone likely would have blinked an eye if someone forgot to take their hunting rifle/shotgun out of...
See if you can install Ad Blocker Plus.  I run Firefox and I have it installed and I never, ever see an ad, and I've never bought any subscription.  
I'm also wondering why the school didn't notify everyone the day that it happened.  Our school district calls you whenever anything happens at any of the schools in the district, we've had calls about a couple of girls being approached by a man after school to a lockdown due to a standoff with police in a neighborhood near the school to telling us that school won't be closing even though we might get snow (we live in an area where we never get snow so it's a big deal). ...
This reminds me of when I was in kindergarten and we still lived in town.  I walked to school and home by myself and once there was a blizzard and school was called early.  My mom wasn't out there to pick me up so I walked home to find her and dad sitting down to lunch.  She had no idea school was called off early (early '80's long before e-mail, text alerts and robo calls) and wanted to know why I didn't call her and tell her.  Never once occurred to me to do so.  Then...
I live in CA right now (be careful what city you move to, I live in one of the most religious cities/counties in the state, it's not all liberal) and would love to be able to move to Madison, WI.  Lived there for a few months while DH finished up school and fell in love with it.  Plus all of our family lives in WI, though we'd still be 3-4 hours away, which is fine with me.  Not crazy about the winter but oh well.
Isn't that the truth!  I used to live near Milwaukee, WI.  I gave up watching the local news there because it was all murders, what body was found where, etc.  Then we moved to Santa Barbara, CA.  So I figured hey, new state, new city let's give the news a try again.  The first story I saw on the local news was a story about a dead body found in Milwaukee.      I hardly ever watch the local news and rarely watch the national news.  I have been watching CNN more often and...
Absolutely not.
Depends on how bored I am at times.  The thread you're talking about I've been following along since the beginning so it's not so overwhelming.  But if I see a post that's already getting up there in posts I tend to skip past it unless I'm noodling around wasting time, then I'll peek in and if it catches my attention I'll start reading along.
I wouldn't go personally.  If the fruit roll up thing is any indication of what the other games are going to be like, no way, no how, not even if hell froze over.  I don't care if it's over clothes.  Especially when you factor in the drunk factor.