or Connect

Posts by jeanine123

Spring must be right around the corner. ;)    
Another person here with little to no patience for chronic flakiness.  I had a friend like that and as much as I liked her, and as much as our parenting styles tended to mesh and it would have been nice to hang out with someone who was such a good fit I just couldn't do it.  If you do want to continue trying to get together with your friend I wouldn't tell the kids about it beforehand.  All it's going to do is set them up for more disappointment.  Instead it can be a...
I've had people talk personal drama, or drama that involves a few mutual friends in round about ways on Facebook.  Mostly I ignored it, until it got to the point where they were grouching about others who were trying to help even though they didn't know the whole story and were just making things worse.  Then I pointed out that if they weren't willing to lay it all out and were instead going to get angry that others who didn't know the whole story were trying to help...
Because I'm not interested in sharing my family's financial wherewithal with anyone, including close friends and family.  It's none of their business, at least when it comes to wedding or other gifts.    As for the wedding party clothes, I think that since that's more universal, at least here in North America, it's not as likely to engender as strong of a response as the concept that started this thread.  Though it's certainly not unheard of for folks to...
Never heard of that "rule" either.  I give what I feel is appropriate and what we can afford at the time and I also consider our presence to be part of the gift to the couple.
http://www.phdinparenting.com/2010/02/22/how-to-report-unethical-promotion-of-formula-bottles-and-other-breastmilk-substitutes/
We live in a different state.  No way would I be interested in living in or near the town I grew up by.  Too small for me.  I do want to move back to the same state as my folks but I would still be at least 3-4 hours away.  I have no interest in living full time in the middle of podunk Northern WI. 
Physically no.  I messed up my knee in my late teens and as I get older it gets achier and I'm pretty sure arthritis will eventually set in.  Heck, even now it hurts at times when the weather changes.    Mentally/emotionally, yes.  I'm more secure with who I am and what my beliefs are and I have more confidence than I used to. 
  Yes, these signs will note what time as well as what day the sales are good for.  And they should be removed when the sale ended.  Though since the folks who work in the stores are only human, there are times when in spite of their best efforts they miss one or two.  In which case the correct thing to do, and what was done in multiple stores that I worked in, was to honor the price quoted on the sign that was still up and remove the sign immediately to prevent it from...
The clerk handled it wrong.  He should have went over to the rack with you to confirm that there were multiple coats/pants hanging on that rack (to make sure that someone didn't just hang this one coat/pant on the wrong rack) and either given it to you for that price or called the manager over.  I don't care if the manager wasn't in the store, he should have had you wait for the manager if he felt that he didn't have the authority/ability to make the price change.  If at...