or Connect

Posts by ronart

Thanks for getting back with your thoughts.  I like that you say that you try and put yourself in the shoes of other people.  Off the subject, but the statement made me how cute my son is when he physically puts himself in my shoes, or better yet my rain boots.  He also tries to take one step at a time, which is even cuter.  
Thanks for your post.  I think you are right on.  I am amazed by much of the curriculum taught in public schools.  Not only is the perspective typically monocultural, it leaves out many contributions of women and the LGBTA community.     Keep teaching love, our world can never get enough.
I agree with you, it is a fallacy.  My father is Jewish, my mother is Latina.  Many Latinos have given me grief when I identify as Latino because my father is Jewish and my last name is not of latin decent.  Jews say I am not Jewish because only the mother can pass down the ethnic identification.  Therefore, each side of my identity rejects the half that is similar and tells me that I am the other.     Thanks for the post and insightful argument.  
Interesting article.  Thanks for the link.
This is a long pause before you actually reply.  I have been checking this for several days now hoping you had some revelation.  
Maybe the dad is a Zebra.  Just kidding, I hope you can take a joke.  Ask you Pediatrician.  Check out this webpage for more info: http://www.eugenepeds.com/
Yes, it is completely worth the effort of passing on your culture roots to your child.  Even if you feel like an outsider, your will not necessarily know the difference.  My mother immigrated to the states as a child from Latin America, my father was raised with a Jewish heritage.  Both of my parents were assimilated and rarely expressed their cultural roots.  The few tidbits they did share I have held onto and have worked to elaborate on as a young adult and now even...