or Connect

Posts by CupOfJoe

A lot of folks are saying that twins disturb one another in the night, which is discouraging because we were hoping to co-bed our twins as a nice transition away from co-sleeping and towards being in their own room. We currently sleep Dad-Baby-Mom-Baby in a queen & it is getting really snug at 3months. I was thinking if buying a twin & setting it next to the queen on the floor & eventually having both on the twins together on their own in the twin. Any thoughts on this...
Our docs advocate vaccinating, and I think most conventional doctors do, (and we vaccinate fully) but that said, our ped does not recommend running off parents who don't vaccinate. At a mimimum you should be able to find someone you feel comfortable with, but I don't know that you're going to find someone who agrees with you in the conventional MD community. Our ped is in Medford, OR because we live up in Siskiyou Co., CA and didnt like our options here.
We have our mattress on the floor, but I've heard of a bed rail product that goes under your fitted sheet -/ kind of like a pool noodle? I can't think of what it is called though...
Thanks for the help everyone. We are in the midst of unpacking from our crazy cross country move with 6 wk old twins (now 9 wks) -- I think I'll start pumping a bit when we get more settled.
My husband's job. We're here now... I am adjusting very slowly. I'm happy to see Yreka is bigger than I'd expected.
I feed on demand and am exclusively breastfeeding both of my 9wk old twins from the breast. We have not been using bottles because pumping made my oversupply go crazy & frankly I found it a pain since I'm home anyhow. They can feed together on the mbf twin pillow but both feed much better alone & sometimes fuss, pull away, & such until I feed them individually. I feed on demand so there's no "ok it's 3pm, let's get both of you on to feed". This means that sometimes one...
We're moving to Gazelle on Wednesday, so although I have no information right now I will soon!
@erigeron That's good to hear about the milkies! I thought they looked silly honestly so I dismissed them (which really, is a habit I ought to break considering ...) but I wear breastpads all the time and I leak all the time (or so it feels) so I will definitely be looking into those.   @katyq82 and @pokeyAC Thanks! So occasional pumping is okay? For some reason I got the impression that you either had to pump regularly (same time of day, every day, at least once a day)...
I have two month old twins who I am exclusively breastfeeding on demand (this seems to astonish everyone for some reason). What this means is what in the moments when no one is attached to my boob I am super eager to get a few things done, and the last thing I want to do is set up the pump, sit and pump for 15 minutes, and then clean all the parts. My supply seems fine -- the kids are both over 10 pounds at this point, and in the beginning the hospital had me pumping 15...
Ugh, yeah seems standard. I'm a grad student/adjunct so I don't qualify for any kind of maternity leave since I'm not teaching in the spring semester. I just flat out don't get paid until September, which is awful. Sigh. At least we planned for this...