or Connect

Posts by Thistlemoon

No problem!
Hi Maia!   Actually her name, Alba means "dawn" in Italian (my husband is from Italy) and she was conceived on the winter solstice, so we thought it was apt. Also Alba is the gaelic name for Scotland, where most of my ancestry hails from.   I have an ancestor altar in *my* room and so I will light a candle in honor of my ancestors, then I am literally planning to just read their names, days of birth (and death) if I have them and thank them for my life and then...
Hi All!   Sorry I have been out of touch. I guess I have been adjusting to being a new mom and my online time has been limited. Also for some reason I am not getting notifications from the site anymore and so a sort of out of sight out of mind thing! Wishing you all a blessed Samhain! I doubt we will be doing much. We live rurally, so we don't even get trick or treaters. I miss that. Hoping when Alba is older we'll be able to do parties and stuff for her and...
Hi guys,   Just checking back in! I was in labor when I wrote my last post and we welcomed Alba Rose Jenevieve into the world on September 8, 2013 at 2:50 am.   I had a great labor, most of the early parts I was out and about - we went to our favorite place for brunch then went for a nice hour walk with the dogs, came home and rested. Around 9:30 contractions started coming on harder and I was fully dilated by 1 am and around 2 am I got into the birth tub and she was...
Hi guys,   I am cross posting this from the weekly chat thread....Just checking back in! I was in labor when I wrote my last post and we welcomed Alba Rose Jenevieve into the world on September 8, 2013 at 2:50 am.   I had a great labor, most of the early parts I was out and about - we went to our favorite place for brunch then went for a nice hour walk with the dogs, came home and rested. Around 9:30 contractions started coming on harder and I was fully dilated by 1...
Hi guys,   Just checking back in! I was in labor when I wrote my last post and we welcomed Alba Rose Jenevieve into the world on September 8, 2013 at 2:50 am.   I had a great labor, most of the early parts I was out and about - we went to our favorite place for brunch then went for a nice hour walk with the dogs, came home and rested. Around 9:30 contractions started coming on harder and I was fully dilated by 1 am and around 2 am I got into the birth tub and she was...
Congrats to all the new mamas! :)   So great to hear from you Tilly, somehow I stopped getting notifications and I lost track of what was happening with you! You have been on my mind. Congrats on your new baby girl.   My due date is next Friday (the 13th!) but starting getting period-like cramps this AM, so we'll see what happens!
Revolting - Any news about your husband? How is his arm? Hoping that things turned out OK and they were able to find some light duty work for him.   Happy September Mamas!   I have been obsessed with buying things with owls on it for this baby and last night, there was an owl on our roof, hooting away for a few minutes while we were in bed. This AM I woke up with period-like cramping. I guess the owl was heralding the soon arrival of our baby? I have just been...
Just checking in to say hi to everyone! Congrats to Aidenn and good luck to all you mamas who are starting to feel something! :)   I woke up this morning with period-like cramping and I have been monitoring all day. They are about 20 minutes apart on average and sometimes 10 or 15 minutes. So I am just keeping an eye on things. Midwife said to call her again when they are consistently 15 minutes apart or if my water breaks.   Trying not to get too excited since I know...
Hi Everyone, I am due on 9/13 with my first. We don't know the gender, but I am thinking girl. Definitely some good changes going on, the baby dropped about 2 weeks ago and my BH are getting stronger. Planning a homebirth in water and looking forward to the experience. Good luck everyone!