or Connect

Posts by Nansala

It's completely possible but please do not get upset with yourself if it doesn't happen. I have two sets of twins. The first set I was absolutely neurotic about eating all the protein I could, drinking lots of water etc, etc, etc. My babies were born at 38w6d, weighing 6lbs and 5lbs4oz. The second pregnancy, I could not even stomach the sight of meat. Seriously, I would throw up. So, my protein intake was much less. Oh, I still ate healthy, drank water, took it...
I have b/g twins that turned 4 on 7/14 and 6 month old b/g twins (born 6/25/05). Both sets are spontaneous. I was completely freaked out when I found out it was twins again, btw, we weren't trying either time to get pg. But, now that they're here, I LOVE having twins again. And, let me tell you, it's truly easier the 2nd time around. The learning curve is MUCH smaller. Nancy
The pump that you've been using -- is it yours or do you rent it? If you're only planning on pumping for another month or two, you could rent a pump that would perhaps allow you to get a better letdown and overall you're not laying out a great deal of money at the end of your pumping time. I rent the Medela lactina and as far as pumping goes (I'd rather be bfing) I love it. Its quick, relatively quiet and light weight. ETA: depending on your contract, you can rent...
Dh and I did it with my first set of twins every night from about 6 weeks before delivery. I had a slight skid mark but no episiotomy and no real tear. 2nd set of twins, and the presenting baby was bigger this time, we didnt do it at all (no time) and I didn't tear or have any skid mark at all. So, for me, I actually faired better when we didn't do it ahead of time, albiet marginally better. I think if anything though, it could help you with figuring out how to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Diane~Alena I So please share how far along you all got with your multiples and how you got there. Did everyone here have to go on strict bedrest? How big were your babies? please share First set: 38w6d, Emily was 6lbs 0oz Nathan weighed 5lbs 4oz. I did everything "by the book" and ate tons of protein. Had modified bed rest due to the babies being small based on u/s's. Second set: 37w3d, Colby weighed 6lbs...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommybritt It's wierd because my twins were easier than my singleton but I just don't want 5 kids - 4, yes, 5 we'd need a bigger house, a x-large van, more money, etc, etc. Yes, Mommybritt -- I totally kwym. We're at 4 kids right now with our two sets. And as much as I love having 2 sets of twins, I don't want 3 sets. Both of our sets were spontaneous. My periods are very irratic, my dr (and I) suspect that I...
At home though, with my 2nd twins. I had been in my son's room because he was sick. I went to potty before getting back into bed and thats when my water broke. Within minutes contractions started and they were very noticable. Within 10 minutes of water breaking, I was in so much pain I couldn't barely breath. I had intended on easing into labor like I did the previous pg and staying on top of them, but iwth srom, my contraction came on with a vengeance. I had no...
I went to 38w6d with my first set. Vag delivery 10 minute apart, 10 hour labor, Emily was 6lbs even and Nathan was 5lbs 4oz. 2nd set, 37w3 days, Vag delivery 4 mintues apart, 4 1/2 hour labor. Colby was 6lbs6oz and Avery was 5lbs 5oz. 1st pg, I went crazy eating protein, doing everythign "by the book" and was on modified bed rest at 32 weeks for "small babies" and full bedrest by 36 weeks -- though I was so uncomfortable I didn't mind. 2nd pg, I worked f-t up to...
My belly would itch or hurt from the stretching. Actually, my first pg, I didn't get a single stretch mark until 36 weeks. And, I literally woke up one morning with a bunch where I'd had none the day before. I heard the creams don't work -- you're either gonna get them or you aren't. But, people say different things. I think theres no harm in using it, espeically if it keeps your belly skin from itching. It seems like it WOULD work. Either way,when you're...
Quote: Originally Posted by nancymom I was just wondering how many people's skin (belly skin) went back to normal after having twins. : : : : I am back to my pre-preg weight, a few lbs lower actually, and my daughter just said to me the other day when I was standing there in my bra and underwear, Emily: Mama, you have a big belly. Me: Yes honey, I know. Emily: And, why is your skin all wrinkly? : And, I don't have...