or Connect

Posts by Serenitysmom12

I also have a hesitant partner.  I checked out "The Business of Being Born" and we actually watched it this morning together.  He was able to see some of the facts and statistics about birth.  I would also recommend watching this film together if you think he would.  It may help.  I feel you and I know this is not an easy thing to go through.   But "this too shall pass".  If he won't be comfortable with the experience, you will have to decide ultimately if you will go...
I am planning on doing EC with my second baby who is due in august.  I have never done this before, and I apologize if this topic has already been covered.  I would like to be totally diaper free but I don't know how practical it will be when the baby is actually born.  I was very in tune with my first baby's cues as far as breastfeeding and everything else, but I have never tried my instincts with elimination signals.  Is it easy to catch on to your baby's elimination...
I don't happen to know what the law is concerning homebirth coverage.  But, maybe you could call them and ask if they have out of network coverage?  This would only be possible of course if you have a PPO plan, not HMO.  You could ask any prospective midwife if they have had any success in billing and receiving payment for their services.  Some have had success being fully or partially reimbursed. Sometimes it is just a matter of using the right code lingo when submitting...
As of January 1st, 2014 Midwives that provide homebirth will now be fully covered through Medi-cal insurance.  This is a huge victory for those of us that otherwise could not afford a home birth.  I accidently stumbled upon an article while surfing online and came across this information.  I have confirmed it with a midwife I am planning on working with.  She told me that she will be attending a conference on the subject and be learning about the process of accepting...
I don't know what kind of insurance you have, but I just wanted to let you know that if you are eligible for medi-cal, they have just recently as of jan 1st this year, approved medi-cal to pay for midwifery care and homebirth.  :D  Because this law has just passed, I am not aware of any midwives that are accepting it yet. But I would look into it if you can get it.
My challenge is to start exercising again.  :)
I love Hylands!   I have used their teething tablets since my little girl first started teething,  I would love to win a basket of other products!
Thank you Marnica!  Thanks for the helpful link as well.  I will check it out.  I'm interested in learning more about homeoprophylaxis.  So you actually work with Kate Birch?  How neat :)
What are some of your thoughts on using homeopathic nosodes as an alternative to conventional vaccines?  I would appreciate your feedback :)
I would recommend any of these books:   Your Vital Child by Mark Stengler N.D.   Vaccine Free: Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Contagious Disease with Homeopathy by Kate Birch   The Solution: Homeoprophylaxis: The Vaccine Alternative by Kate Birch   Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child by Janet Zand N.D.   100 Natural Remedies for Your Child by Jared M. Skowron N.D.   Naturally Healthy Babies and Children By Aviva Jill Romm M.D.   Natural Baby and...