or Connect

Posts by Crunchymama3

to update, here's what we ended up doing: we sterilized by boiling the scissors and hemp cord and left it sitting covered in that pot of water, as we found this info on a midwifery site. we did not use gloves at all. no problems. Dh and i discussed it and decided birth is not sterile and since we will be in our own home we are not exposed to too many foreign germs like in a hospital. no issues, baby's cord is not infected, in fact its drying out very quickly.
Hi everyone! Just wanted to provide a quick update. Our third baby boy was born on Dec 16th at approximately just after midnight! Successful UC! Everything went great! I started feeling something around 3 p.m., low back pain but it came and went within the hour. Then I felt some water gushes and we were at our oldest son's church Christmas show so we had to make a quick exit but it had just ended so it was perfect timing. That was about 5:30 and we got home popped dinner...
Thanks to all for your replies. To the person who suggested bleach, that's something I can't and won't do. I'm allergic to it and actually think its more dangerous than any germs.
Do you really use these and for what? Do you need them to handle the scissors and thread you will cut the cord with or not? Are they used for anything else in a UC?
Have you tried Salvation Army Family thrift stores for your exercise ball? You mentioned Goodwill so thought I'd mention Salvation Army, as there are a lot of them out there. Have you tried craigslist? I'm looking to get a new exercise ball as well, as the one I had previously was way too small to comfortably use during labor.  I did get to use the hospital's birthing ball the second time though so that worked out fine.  This time I'd need my own for sure, but at the same...
I'm sterilizing scissors ahead of time and storing them in a sterilized mason jar, filled with rubbing alcohol. I found this on a midwifery site. But what about the hemp cord we will tie the umbilical cord with? Should I sterilize ahead of time and if so how do I store it? Should I bake it in a paper bag and just roll up the bag, store in a plastic bag? I'm just not sure. Or boil it then bake it and store in a paper bag?
Oh, I can relate, my laundry is out of control! I'm 36 weeks and a couple of days. We are due at around the same time! I can't sleep either, it's so hard! My biggest stressor right now is going into labor with all this laundry hanging over my head or my floors dirty. I'm trying to work up until the end so its difficult to keep the house clean. I'm exhausted at the end of the day. I may end up taking some sick days at the end just to rest up and catch up on laundry!
Just to update with regards to my previous thread.  Baby is now head down! Yay! I saw a different midwife this morning as my midwife was at a birth. So glad I did. My gosh, I had NO pain or even discomfort whatsoever when she checked baby's position, she was so gentle. My midwife has always been so rough I feel like she is going to burst my uterus each time she checks.  Even her student was much gentler than she was.  Also found out that I was lied to my midwife last time...
Does low patelets mean the same as low hemoglobin? I have low iron/hemoglobin due to a genetic anemia, that can only be impacted so much by diet. However, in pregnancy iat the end my iron gets quite low.  So I take floravit/floraditx (herbal iron) which is very effective, as well as regular iron supplements.  this time around I've had difficulty tolerating the regular iron so my midwife recommended Feramax, which bypasses your stomach and gets absorbed very easily.  Its...
Thanks everyone. I contacted my former midwife and she said not to worry, that this is very normal for women who've had a few babies.  She suggested continuing to take the pulsatilla.  My baby moves a lot so honestly I'm notworried now.  I am not planning on getting any ultrasounds unless there is a real concern, as there are risks I really wasn't aware of last time.  U/S are not as safe as they are made out to be.  I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it.  I was...