or Connect

Posts by ALittleBitCrunchy

My son is 8 1/2 and in a booster (low). He's 4'7"-ish. DD is almost 7 and also in a low booster. She's 4'3"-ish. My guess is that both will be in a booster until they turn 9. DS is the only one in his peer group in a booster. He knows it and isn't thrilled by it but doesn't give us any grief about it. He went through a stage right after he turned 8 where he was very vocal about it but it's faded. I think that he had in his head that it ended at 8 and it was that...
You didn't mention Type 1 or 2 so I'm not sure which he has, but here is my story... My daughter is still young so I don't have experience with diabetic adults, but it's definitely a component of of diabetes for her. In fact, when she was diagnosed, life was rough. She was horribly erratic, prone to fits of temper and just all around difficult. We attributed it to being two (the 'terrible twos') but learned at the hospital that it was because of her blood sugar. Sure...
We turned ours on last night. We've had several cool nights but yesterday I was cold in the middle of the afternoon - took that as a sign and turned on the heat to warm it up two degrees. Felt so much better afterwards
We're in the midwest. DD is in 1st grade. Each night is 10 minutes of reading, 10 minutes of a spelling related activity (we have this annoying list of hands-on spelling practice that are tediously slow...like forming words in play-doh or writing every letter in a different color) to prep for Friday's test. Then, 5 minutes of sight word flashcards and 5 minutes of something extra, like a math worksheet or a 'find _th words' assignment. Weekends include a poetry notebook...
We average under $5 for dinner. There are 4 of us (39, 37, 8, 6) and we typically spend $200-250 a month on groceries. It's a lot of cooking from scratch - we spent much much more when we were eating convenience foods!
My dd is 6, almost 7. She's 4'4" and weighs 71 pounds.
My daughter (Type 1 diabetic) wears one on her left wrist 24x7 and has for 4 years. Have you tried different styles to see if you can find one that is more comfortable or less obvious? We really like the ID on Me ones - http://idonme.com/ - and they are just really easy to wear. They have the medical symbol and would be easily seen in an emergency but they just look like bands.
Mine were probably 2, maybe 3, when computer games started. At 8 and 6 they can go online, find the right bookmarks or type in the site they want, etc. They both play games online and on the computer and have been for years. Right now they are in love with my facebook games and with Annoying Orange videos on youtube. As homeschoolers (until this year) both had online work as part of their kindergarten curriculums, even. However...we have never been a screen-free family...
Oops - added myself to the list and then forgot to check back! I'm on day 18 and have lost 18 pounds. My goal is 40 in 40 so I'm really happy. I would be further ahead but I sabotaged myself last weekend and it took 5 days to get back under that point. Learned my lesson on that! Anyone else amazed at the energy? I'm in the 'too fat to exercise' mindset because, seriously, moving that much weight is hard. I have been going crazy for the exercise though! Today, I...
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie, just introducing myself. *waves* I'm currently on day two of VLCD. I'm doing homeopathic drops for the hCG. So far, it's going well. Bad headache last night but an aspirin cleared it up. Everything else has been going smoothly. SO...not much to share but wanted to jump in