or Connect

Posts by lightbulb

It's not as bad here, no advertisements or pushy doctors really (because the docs really don't have that much to do with vaccination). But, there are absolutely misinformed people (nobody that thinks it's mandatory for daycare/school though). And the general population assumes that every child has been vaxed to the schedule here. Because most are, it's the norm. And many don't actually know that it is an option, many just assume that "that's how it is" kinda, and never...
  Oh wow! That is even more mindblowing! But thanks, at least it makes sense.  
You can have induction without meds too! I had to be induced with my last birth, and we used a foley cath, when that had been there for 24 hours (sometimes it'll fall out), my OB checked me while removing it, and she could brake the bag of waters then. And when she broke it, it all just started on it's own with proper contractions right after. I had 1.5 hours of active birth before he was out, it was a fabulous birth, all natural besides the "start help".
  That has always been so mind-blowing to me, the need for exemptions. I mean, vaccination is a voluntarily option. It's not down in the law that you have to vaccinate your children (as far as I know). So why the heck would you even need an exemption? That's nuts to me.   (Yeah, nobody even asks if your kid is vaccinated here. But they include it in the health form you give daycare/school, but it's only the info you *want* to provide. And the info is only asked so they...
    And why would the study being recent be a bad thing? It's new information, it's valuable, and new info is what we want, not 20 year old. If you clicked the link, it's a huge study, it goes over more than 2 years and compares millions of kids, like pointed out below here really:       And, that was just the quickest link I could find in english. But I also know that it wasn't just Sweden who discovered this, Norway did too. I don't know about other places. The...
Right now it's just all about the 2 year olds. People assume they are triplets, and we get many "wow, triplets! You have your hands full!" and stuff like that, or the best one "did you use fertility treatments?". I mean, how rude is that, if they were triplets! And why do people think it's any of their business?!   momtoafireteam, you must get that too hey? What do you say? Any funny replies that'll shut them up?
I would be totally ok with my kids going there if I knew and trusted this mum, with the info from this thread. But that's how it is, I have to know the parents well and trust them with my kids.   My dealbreakers are many of the same as above: Guns in the house Drug use Drinking Smoking Horrible housekeeping People who are physically violent (spanking or such), or yell at their kids all the time, or don't treat them with respect at all And if I knew about...
We have something called Exclusive Whte Oak G5s. But you know, in wood, there are SO many options. It's a lot personal preference. We did choose a thick one so we can sand it down. We went to a store and looked at them irl, and made a decision there from what we saw and such (I had to touch them and read about 'em too).
I don't really trust vaccines being safe after things like this: http://www.thelocal.se/46950/20130326/#.UVHtYVdPxX-   The government went out and recommended the swine flu shot, claming it to be totally safe. Then later it turns out that so many children (/young people) got narcolepsy from that shot. The huge study in the link clearly shows that the vaccine was to blame and the government also said so. So why would you trust it then? I called the swine flu...
I would never do anything but wood with kids. (Well, besides tiles, and maybe laminat.) We have fabulous wood floors that I absolutely love and adore in all rooms. So easy to clean. Well, the mud room actually has tiles, because we get lots of snow too, and I didn't want wood there because it'll be wet a lot. And bathrooms have tiles. We don't have pets, so we don't really have to vacuum, just wash over the floors once a week, and use the mini-vacuum or sweep...