or Connect

Posts by mbhf

Your ILs CHOSE to help you out financially, it was their choice to do it so it's not your fault/problem, it was their CHOICE. This is true. But you also CHOOSE to buy things you would not ordinarily have in the house when they visit. That is not their fault. It is your choice. Choose different, if you don't like your choices. If they can't be upset with you for their financial choices that involved what they did/do for you, you can't be upset about your financial...
I have never moved while pregnant, but I have needed to find a new midwife at 34(ish)weeks and 28 weeks, once switching from a hospital based CNM group to a homebirth CNM and once from an unreliable midwife to one I was more comfortable with. I had great experiences both times. Assuming you know where you're going to be moving (or at least that you will know a couple of months or more prior to the move) you will be able to research midwives in your new area before you...
  I was actually going to suggest military service. It can be a great motivator and I have seen a lot of really smart kids who had no idea what to do with their lives turn themselves around with the help of the military. There are a lot of great opportunities in the military.
Personally, I would just do the standard "little boy" haircut. It looks nice, it's easy to keep neat, and it doesn't keep them hot. I resisted the "little boy haircut" for a long long time, but it's really so cute and so so easy to deal with. My boys go a little bit shorter during the summer because of the heat.  
My youngest was born when my dh was deployed. My ILs came for several days after the birth, which was really nice, but it was also pretty stressful, I love them and they did a lot but I do not want anyone in my space immediately postpartum other than my dh and kids. I considered asking them not to come but eventually decided not to because I knew the kids would love it, and they did, even if it made the next little bit harder. My FIL brought me a pumpkin spice latte...
4-12. I was under the impression that that was pretty normal until I read this thread.  
usually around 5am, though any time between 4 and 6 is normal. This is why we have such an early bedtime, they wake at this time no matter what time they go to bed.
It's very important to let them know your expectations ahead of time. Discuss it before you leave the house, and go over it again when you get there, before you get out of the car. Every time. Go when you have plenty of time for a while. Try to go when the store isn't busy. I like to go fairly earl yin the morning, like 8am. There are very few people there then. Make sure the kids aren't hungry. If my kids act up in the store, we leave. Sometimes we go sit in the car for...
All of my kids are asleep by 7. The youngest two (7 months and 2 1/2) are asleep at 6 or very soon after, sometimes even earlier. My oldest two (6 and almost 8) start to get ready for bed at 6 (brush teeth, get into PJs) and are in bed by 6:30. My middle child can go with the little ones or the big ones, depending on how tired he is and whether or not my husband is home. We are home by 3 or 3:30pm, and I start dinner then and we eat around 4. We do baths either right...
  My grandmother does this too. She is very careful to have everything equal between her kids/grand children/great grandchildren. Really really careful.