or Connect

Posts by mbhf

It is very hard for me to care for other people's children in this way. A few hours here and there is no big deal but it is extremely draining even for only a short time, and I have small children myself. I also tried to be a nanny for a while, similar situation, but I just could not do it. I dreaded it every week even though I liked the child (he was a baby) and he was not difficult to deal with or anything. I stopped after a few months and I will not try it again, it's...
My first labor was 36 hours, four hours of pushing. This was in a hospital. My second was less than 2 hours from waking up thinking I had eaten something that didn't agree with me to holding my baby. My third was longer, but I have a hard time deciding how long it was sometimes. I was having puttery contractions all day, but I didn't think I was in labor (and carried on my normal activities) until about 8 or 9pm and he was born a little after midnight. My fourth was very...
What about taking your kids out makes you nervous? Why do you feel you need your dh around to take them anywhere? What does he do that you feel you can not do?  I take my kids out almost every day. If I don't take them out at least a few times a week it gets more difficult. Before we get out of the car, every time, I go over expectations for the place we are going. I can tell the difference if I don't. It's only going to get harder, in my experience, the longer you...
I occasionally (once every few weeks maybe?) run to the store for a couple of things (gone 15-20 minutes) alone, but generally if I'm going to leave the baby behind I'll take one of the older kids. I go grocery shopping/etc with just the baby once a week or so when my dh is home (he is military) but that's about it. It's nice to get out with just the baby sometimes because it is much easier and faster than doing whatever with all 5 kids, but I love being around them and...
Have you tried having your ds bring something to play with on his own? We homeschool and many of my friends only have babies/toddlers home during the day so if we visit them, I just have my older kids bring something to occupy themselves if they get bored. I think going to see your friend while your son is in school is a great plan too, if she asks why be honest but I don't think you need to bring it up.  
Currently, my almost 8yo is in a monterey in the middle (plus one) seat of my 2006 Honda Odyssey, between a Radian and a Marathon. I recently discovered that the seatbelt is coming up from under the booster seat (meaning, the "stalk" is probably an inch or two under it). Is this okay? I know it wasn't like this at first, but probably happened when I moved the baby out of his infant seat so it's been like this for a while. I am assuming I need to find a new seating...
30ish.
I have a friend. I generally consider her a good friend. But she is constantly canceling on me and it's starting to make me feel like maybe she's not just flaky. FWIW, getting in touch with her is not easy. She generally doesn't answer the phone or text messages. A couple examples- She was going to watch my kids for me for a few hours one evening. We spoke about it, she said it would be great. I sent her an email 4 or 5 days prior to confirm and got no response. 2 days...
That seems incredibly odd to me. If she was a few years older maybe I would understand (though I still think it would be inappropriate especially to say it right in front of her) but she's eight. 
Oh, I completely agree. I was just commenting on her saying that she didn't have a master bedroom, after saying that she did have a bedroom and so did her child. I assumed that she took "master bedroom" to mean "bedroom with an attached bath" and not just the parents bedroom/largest bedroom.   FWIW, I had an enormous master bathroom in my last house and there still wouldn't have been a practical way to put three laundry baskets in it, they would have had to have been in...