or Connect

Posts by mbhf

I think they're mostly separate but related issues. Most people seem to think that homes should be hygienic but that clutter and such is okay, unless the clutter is to the point that it makes it difficult/impossible to keep the home hygienic.
I think very few people are saying they are worried about germs in their house. Very few (if any) posters are saying anyone needs to bleach their homes regularly (or ever) or anything even close to that. I don't think anyone is worried about their children getting sick from a germy house. I personally just feel that it is gross to have a dirty house. Do I think I'm going to get the plague from anyone's dirty toilet seat? No! But I think it incredibly gross when there is...
I think you're being kind of silly here. Yes, a "master bedroom" typically has an attached bath and I assume that yours doesn't because you are saying you don't have one but you do have a bedroom and from your post it seems like it is separate from your child's bedroom. I have lived in very small spaces and I have never not had room for a 12"X12" hamper somewhere. My current house has very small bathrooms but I could put a hamper in either of them if I wanted. You can...
what does this even mean?   FWIW, my house growing up was filthy. My dad kept a small area of the kitchen clean and washed the dishes every night, but that's it. My mom almost never cleaned anything. A couple of times a year, I guess, but that was mostly just shoving stuff aside or into another room and running the vacuum. I was never taught to clean or value cleanliness.
I'm from VA and it's a hat. I know that some people use the word to refer to a certain kind of sled but I have never actually heard anyone say toboggan and mean anything but a hat.
forum crashing.. their weights are actually around the fifth percentile for their ages. And considering the height of their parents I would assume they are also pretty short for their ages. FWIW, my almost 8yo weighs the same as the OPs 8yo.
Cleaning a messy/dirty/cluttered house is very different from the upkeep of an already clean house. If I miss a day (that we are home most of, if we're out of the house most of the day it's no big deal because there's no one home to make a mess!) it takes several days to "make up" for the time lost. If you're starting with a pretty messy house it will take a good bit of real cleaning to get it up to a manageable level. This is obviously harder. When I decide to tackle my...
That's exactly what I thought.
It depends on who it is. If my dh is home and it's one of the older 3, he generally takes care of everything so the little ones (and I!) can sleep (and because he's awesome) but if it's one of the little ones it's generally mostly me though he helps if I need it.   Of course they're rarely sick when he's home.   He also happily skipped the gym this morning to snuggle with our 2yo when she woke up at 4am so the baby and I could sleep another hour. I'm a lucky...
Sitting in a dirty house is gross to me. messy? not a big deal, like a load of laundry waiting to be folded on the couch or whatever, dirty but "fresh" dishes in the sink, that kind of thing. But actually dirty, pet hair and dirt all over the place, surfaces that haven't been cleaned in days or weeks (like toilets and furniture, not dusty out of reach shelves) is really gross to me. It makes me feel awful and it makes me feel sorry for my kids if they have to sit in/on...