or Connect

Posts by mbhf

No shoes in the house is my general rule, and no bare feet outside unless you want to be carried to the bath tub to wash them off before walking around in the house. I generally tell people they can leave their shoes in the entryway the first time or two they come over if they don't take them off before I say anything (most people do) and I've never had anyone get upset or seem uncomfortable. After someone has been over once or twice I figure they know my preference....
We homeschool now, but last year my oldest went to school.   School started at 8:30, he needed to be there between 8:20 and 8:30. We had to be backing out of the driveway no later than 8:00.   We got up at 6:50 (or thereabouts, that's when my phone alarm went off just in case we didn't naturally wake up) and had breakfast, generally something simple like yogurt with granola and fruit. I usually ate a cliff bar or something and then packed lunch for my school kid...
Honestly? Can I ask why you think this, and why you think most women are wrong about it? Because... I completely disagree. As a pp said, I agree that most men probably don't really care if their wife is all done up in a dress and heels versus just clean and in a nicer pair of jeans and tee shirt, but I think very few people (men or women)  don't care whether their partner has showered or gotten dressed recently. I know my husband loves me when I'm in a pair of draw...
thanks!
I'm thinking of giving it to a casual friend who is pregnant with her first, and I remember hearing that it was sort of wishy washy about the subject. If it is, does anyone have a recommendation? Something I could give in addition to it or instead.
It generally all works out. :) my dh was deployed when my youngest was born until he was about 4 months old. Getting everyone to sleep (at the time, my 7yo and 5yo slept on a twin bed in my room and my 4yo and 2yo slept with me) was something I worried about, but I was able to do it without too much trouble,  my inlaws were there for the first week so they did bed time for all but my 2yo. Once they left I just brought my yoga ball into the bedroom and put it beside the...
With Oak meadow I would definitely go up a grade if in doubt, and you'll probably want to supplement the math regardless.
Have you tried putting her to bed earlier? my 2yo and 4yo are both impossible to get to sleep after 7pm. at 6 or 6:30, they both are asleep within 30 minutes (at the outside) but if we hop into bed at 7:02 they are up until 9. Do you have something to do while you put her down? I generally play solitaire on my dh's ipod to keep from falling asleep myself and it does help the time to pass more quickly .
As a SAHm who was a SAHW before kids, I think the transition to motherhood was considerably easier for me because I was not also transitioning to not working. I didn't feel a loss of identity that I often hear of, because I wasn't taking anything "away" (I don't know how else to put it) only adding something to myself and my identity, if that makes sense. The first few months with the first baby were hard, but not that big of a deal. I spent a lot less time baking and a...
I have the same seat. It's not easy, but I assume it's meant to be that way. It gets easier, though, and it seems that most high back boosters have the same design. My 7yo used to pull the seatbelt out all of the way pretty frequently but he stopped shortly after it became his sole responsibility to buckle himself because he hated having to have me help with it.