or Connect

Posts by mbhf

I don't play with my kids much. I love them, and I do enjoy doing things with them but I personally think that it is very valuable for my children to see me run my house and realize that I am a person myself, not that I am their entertainment for the day.   Do I sometimes crawl around the floor with them on my back pretending I'm a horse? Absolutely! But then I go mop the kitchen or make bread or read a book or something. My kids were a lot more bored when I tried to...
I love my minivan but if I only had 2 kids I would want my subaru wagon back.
I have a 2006 Odyssey and I would definitely recommend it. It's been a really great car and I plan to replace it with a new one next year. I can't comment a ton though since I assume you will be buying new and the 2011 is a new body style, looks nice but I haven't actually been in one.     You might want to see if you have some sort of issue, I have never gotten mileage even close to that bad. Generally I get about 400 miles to a tank. I've gotten up to 500 on a tank in...
Currently, I put my baby in a bouncy seat with the shower curtain pulled back so I can see him and he can see me. My other kids are all currently trustworthy enough that I can leave them out in the living room for 10 minutes while I shower. When the baby is bigger I'll put him down in the tub while I shower. When I have a baby/toddler that is not able to be left alone I put them in the shower with me. If they're terrified of the shower, I just take baths for a few months...
I don't think she was telling you you couldn't get a bucket, just giving suggestions for how to deal with the issues you presented, which don't have much to do with caseat choice. I have a down vest that I wear when I'm just going in and out of a store or something, it's my dh's so it's big enough to snap around myself and my baby, I use mostly a baby k'tan but also a ring sling and an ergo, I don't like mei tais or wraps much because they're just harder to deal with...
I have used an infant seat for four of my kids, and I did not find it useful outside of the car. Whenever I would bring it in somewhere (with my first) I would end up carrying/wearing the baby and the seat separately. It was handy in restaurants when my first was a baby, but with my other kids I never brought it in even when I had one, just one more thing to carry and I generally ended up holding the baby while I ate anyway so it just took up space. I went straight to a...
CT is a really great state for homeschooling. Fantastic laws and groups to suit every family.
My dh works very long hours so generally we are all in bed when he gets home, if not he gets home just as I'm putting the kids to bed so I am either asleep or wearing yoga pants and a nursing tank or something like that. I get dressed first thing in the morning (usually jeans and a nicer tee shirt and a cardigan or sweater) but I change when the kids put their PJs on because I lay down with the younger three. I try to look decent even when I'm sleeping though. :) I try...
My first son's middle name is my dh's first name. My second son's middle name is my dh's middle name. My third son's middle name is the male version of my middle name. My daughter's middle name is what had always been my girl name, but it didn't fit as her first name. My fourth son's middle name was picked pretty randomly, it had been suggested as a name for all of our boys and when I was pregnant last both the girl and boy names we picked were longer and we thought it...
I've never had the issue either and we've had pretty much every flooring option I can think of over the years. I also have the area rug mentioned though and I know for sure our wheels roll over it well, it's also nice for trains and blocks etc because it is a very flat smooth rug.