or Connect

Posts by mbhf

I always said we would have two, though in the back of my mind I felt like we would have five, four boys and then a little girl. After my second was born I was very sad that I would never have another baby so we rethought things and decided to just see how things happened. When my third was born, I thought for a while we might not have more, his was a difficult birth and he was a difficult baby (and now he's a difficult 4yo...) and when he was a little over a year old I...
He didn't ask the nanny not to tell his wife, he implied that he didn't want her to. But even if he had asked her specifically not to say a word to his wife about it that doesn't mean he didn't intend to tell her himself, it just means that he doesn't particularly want the nanny to tell her. If I was the dh in this situation, I also wouldn't want the nanny to tell my wife, I would want to tell her myself. Regardless, this is an issue between a husband and a wife. You/the...
I would leave my four oldest (7 1/2, almost 6, 4 and 2) with a trusted teenager. I actually have a friend with a 15yo who I would definitely have as a sitter if I needed one for something, she's the oldest of 5 and very kind and responsible. My kids are generally pretty quiet and independent though. I couldn't leave any of them (maybe the oldest two) for bedtime though, so I don't know about that, I've only had a sitter once and I just had the kids take a nap and asked...
I have done as PPs have suggested, nursed the baby side-lying and the toddler sort of climbed up over my back, if that makes sense. I've not really had any trouble with that until this time, my 2yo has been telling me not to roll over to nurse the baby but she is old enough to get that he is too little to nurse from behind me so I need to lay facing him. For nursing to sleep, up until about a month ago (my baby is almost 4 months) I bounced/nursed him to sleep on the...
My daughter (2yo) is really short, this is true. I have no idea if my other kids have short torsos, but most of their friends also have Marathons or Boulevards and at least appeared to fit in them until 4 or 5 when they were moved to a booster. I haven't seen the new seats, that's odd that they would make the shells shorter. I didn't say "dissing" though, I said dismissing. Like I said, I haven't seen the new seats. But I think the ease of use with the Britax seats makes...
Can I ask why you (and others, in other threads) are calling the Marathon's shell short? I know there are other seats with higher shells available but I certainly wouldn't call the marathon a seat with a short shell. My tall 5yo just outgrew the harness FF in his and my smallish (but not tiny, about the same size as most of his friends) 4yo still fits in his RF by height. I know there are several seats out there with taller shells now, but I love my Britax seats and after...
I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L, fwiw. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, they are always in really nice and tight when I install them.        
I know they have lost popularity recently with all of the lower priced options on the market but I still prefer my Britax Marathons to anything else, and if I had to install a seat in a variety of vehicles I would absolutely choose one. They've been so easy for me to install in every car I've tried with LATCH or a seatbelt.
I have two radians, one 65SL and one 80SL. The 65SL is installed FF with the seatbelt in my third row, the 80SL is installed RF with LATCH in my middle row. Neither one will stay tightly installed. It will be rock solid when I get it in and stay that way for a while, a few days or a week maybe but then I will notice that it is extremely loose, much more than 1" of wiggle room. I am hating these seats! I've never had this problem with any of my other seats (Britax and...
Oh, yes. This is important. My 4yo needs lots and lots of love and attention. If he doesn't get it he turns into a different child. He pushes my limits like nobody else. Does things to his siblings for absolutely no reason, sneaks around making messes and then smiles and laughs when approached about it. It was infuriating and I just didn't understand it. And it was very, very difficult to break out of that cycle because who wants to go snuggle and chat with the boy who...