or Connect

Posts by mbhf

For me, staying with family (with children) is NOT worth it. I tried to stay with my parents for a few months while my dh was TDY in another state. It was awful. My parents and I got along well at the time but my mother is really very toxic so take that into consideration. But even if my mom was fine (which I felt like she was at the time) it would not be an option for me any more even if I only had one or two kids. Just not having my own space does not work for me as an...
Quote: I have five kids. It doesn't really seem like that many (most of the time!) to me now. I do kind of laugh about it every once in a while because I never really thought I would have five kids I guess and when I see people I haven't seen in a while they are always shocked that I have 5.   Time to myself.. I changed my definition of "to myself" a long time ago. My children are 20-23 months apart, so I have never really not had a baby that still needed mommy all of...
I have an 06 Odyssey (same body style) and a RF radian behind the driver's seat. Is the seat the radian is on slid back all of the way? If I slide that seat back all of the way I can slide my seat back all of the way.
My dh and I agree on this, but we don't do santa. I would not be upset if my dh wanted to do Santa as long as he made it clear to our children that it was pretend. I would be very upset if my dh wanted to tell our children that santa was real and/or wanted me to go along with it.
We have never done Santa. My oldest is 7. We have approached it from the "some people like to pretend.." angle. They know where it comes from to some extent, we love Christmas and Christmas movies/books, even if they include santa. But the kids know that santa is pretend, just like they know the grinch is pretend.   I never really instructed my children on what to say. I told them that some people like to pretend he's real and he does this and that. They have never told...
Quote: Originally Posted by kay4 Can I ask, if you work out during the day (and not first thing in the AM) what do you do to look nice in the morning before you workout? Does that make sense? Doesn't make sense to shower first thing and do makeup and hair if I am going to be working out later...but I don't want to spend half the day looking like crap either, KWIM? Maybe I just need to train myself to get up before everyone else. I don't work...
Quote: Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl Bolding mine. Look, this is unhealthy and disturbing on soooooo many levels. What you are describing here is basically giving DH what he wants because he is the man, and deserves what ever he wants. Why are men encouraged to develop such entitlement while we women are expected...no, encouraged, to mold our likes, dislikes and identities to their whims? Its disgusting! If her DH is indeed a "command man"...
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtBChase The Suburus are notoriously horrible with car-seats. We have a forester and an Impreza, and they have tiny back seats, and weird middleseat humps/seatbelts. I have had two Subarus (an impreza outback and a Tribeca and my MIL drives a legacy) and I've had no trouble installing carseats in them. OP, I love my Odyssey and I wouldn't trade it for anything. How many kids do you think you will have? It's...
None of my childrens names intentionally go together but I guess they are all older names and I think they sound nice together. Three of them have a C/K name, which was not intentional, and I did try to think of a C/K name for my other kids because of it. I almost named my second the reverse of my first (using my first son's middle name as my second son's first and vice versa) but that as just because I couldn't think of any more boys names that I liked.
I agree that a lot of it is the age. My 7yo is so loving and understanding. He thanks me for making dinner or taking him somewhere fun or whatever and is is always genuine and unprompted. He was NOT like that at 5. and my 5yo is not like that, at all. In fact he is very much like you describe your son. Nothing is fair, everyone gets more than he does, he should have gotten money for his baby sister's birthday too, etc etc. I have found 5 to be a very difficult age in...