or Connect

Posts by mbhf

Quote: Originally Posted by SaoirseC MBhf- what would I do if I was single? I would go to work and come home to make dinner for myself. That's my point, single adults manage to eat even though they're at work all day. I don't see how it's so unreasonable to ask him to watch the baby while I make dinner. additionally, my babe is not content to be worn while i eat, or sit period. it's like you're doing the same thing he does- acting if the kids were my...
Quote: Originally Posted by SaoirseC I've asked him what he would do if he was single (not a threat, just a "what if"), and he quips back that he would have more money and would eat out. Well.. what would you do if *you* were single? You'd still have the house to take care of, dinner to make, kids to care for, etc and a job on top of it. But that's one of the wonderful things about having a partner, you don't have to do everything by yourself. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChetMC We shop at a store that requires all kids under age eight ride in a shopping cart. The have forklifts all over the place though. I think the idea is that they want all kids small enough to get missed easily to be up off the ground. That is so weird! I don't know where I would put my purchases in that store, all of my kids are under 8. My oldest is 7 and he still asks to ride in the cart (basket) pretty...
My dh is military. He is gone more than he is home and when he is home he works very long hours. I would love to have him home with us more, but I am very happy and we have a great time. The hardest part is missing him. When he's home he might not get home until I'm fast asleep but I know he's there. I can bring him dinner. I know where he is. And sure, I would love to go grocery shopping with just the baby every once in a while and there are some things that are difficult...
All of mine cried unless they were being held, or if they fell asleep in the car which was only for a few minutes at a time unless sucking on my finger. My last two had a specific carrier that they needed to be in, #4 was an Ergo and #5 is the wrap, though he'll stand for the Ergo if needed. There's nothing wrong with a sleeping baby, as long as she is nursing often and gaining well she can't sleep too much. My 5 week old is still only awake for 5-20 minutes at a time....
Quote: Originally Posted by dakotablue I guess I should clarify, or maybe you all understood and its a bad idea. I was thinking of making a site and posting a link to it on facebook, then no one has to ask, no one has to go on it either.... I'm just trying to figure out how to keep DS from being inundated with battery Toys that say "I love you" Advice on that is very welcome too! I don't think I would do this, it seems to me like a...
I agree with the PP about ankle socks, they have always stayed on well for me. I've also had good luck with the $1 bobby socks on the end caps at Target (in the baby section, obviously) especially the striped/patterned ones. My daughter lived in those her first winter (4ish months old) pulled all the way up to her knees with some super soft chenille slipper socks over top to keep her feet warm.
My kids didn't really wear shoes at that age, Maybe Robeez or similar sometimes because they're cute. My daughter wore the Robeez Mini Shoez from about a year on, they have a little bit of a sole, sort of, and look a lot cuter than regular Robeez because they can hold the shoe shape. I don't think she really has narrow feet, but they are more narrow and less triangle shaped (if that makes sense) than my boys feet were. Shehas the Mary Jane style (like these) and they're...
Quote: Originally Posted by cycle Again, move if the situation is as bad as it is being described. Pay rent somewhere else. If the child is being abused, it seems it went from neglect to abuse somewhere in this thread, waiting a year to do something is irresponsible and neglectful in its own right. The OP also thinks her neighbor girls are being sexually abused, because they kissed her baby too much. I think the lens through which she is viewing every...
Quote: Originally Posted by childsplay To say 'expect' it gives me the impression of a dominant husband who lays out the rules for the household and all it's members....and gives me the creeps as well. I don't see this at all. As others have mentioned, I expect my dh to go to work every day and make money for our family, why isn't it okay for my husband to expect me to keep the house clean or make dinner? As for my dh's expectations.. I...