or Connect

Posts by jenjenfirenjen

Quote: Originally Posted by BathrobeGoddess I have a Mazda 5 and you will be able to out two car seat RF no problem...the captian chairs scoot way back...I have three car seats in mine and my RF seat is in the 3rd row so I can hatch load but before my 3.5 year old hot 40 lbs, she was also RF in 2nd row, behind the driver... I love my car BTW...I get 32 MPG and can fit everyone (family of 6) in there no problem! I'll be in your shoes...
Quote: Originally Posted by LZP do you have any more info about the one in Media?! I live in Delco and would love to look into something like this. I'd definitely want to participate if it's going to happen! PM'ed ya.
Forks Farm has cow and pig shares available for the fall I believe. I'm going to look into it if you are interested. I much prefer getting an 1/8 or a 1/4 share of a cow and having all that in my freezer than buying piecemeal.
Hi Deirdre! We get our raw milk at Henrick's Dairy in Telford. The raw milk is wonderful, as is the yogurt. Their cheese is amazing. They also have eggs and meat there (not from their farm but from other local farmers.) Their bacon is the best I have ever had, hands down. We just camped and took a tour of Forks Farm. They raise pastured poultry, pork and beef. I was SO impressed with their operation. If you've read "Omnivore's Dilemma" or are otherwise familiar...
Thank you so much for your replies thus far. OK, here's what I don't get...how do people afford to live in the Bay Area??? I mean, my husand makes pretty good money. We have a lovely home here and live well below our means. Our home here should sell for somewhere in the low to mid 300s. We are looking at homes in the 600s in CA and they are really nothing exciting. Very boring. When I look at the area mentioned in this thread or wherever there seem to be good...
My husband received a job offer from a company in Santa Clara. We have been living in the Philadelphia suburbs for 9 years now. I totally love it here. I'm part of a wonderful group of AP mamas where my children and I have made great friends. My kids are in an amazing Reggio-Emilia inspired preschool that we adore. We live in a 100 year old home that we have completely remodeled and that I love. Also, I'm pregnant and planning a homebirth with a great midwife and...
I don't recall it every getting better with my last two pregnancies. Right now, I'm peeing about 4 times a night. It's a PITA but what can you do. I already had to pee at least once every night before pregnancy so it's no real surprise to me.
I'm taking the Rainbow Light prenatals. They are huge though and no coating so hard to swallow. Oh, and thanks for reminding me I forgot to take it this morning!
I'm so happy to be here. I've never been very active on MDC but I've heard great things about the DDCs. * EDD: Sept 12 * Name: Jen * Age: 34 * Location: Philadelphia * How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 month * What number child is this for you: 3 * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Hubby Jason, DS Luke, 5, DS Dex, 3. * Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Hoping for a girl but will be thrilled to...
FYI, There is a Reggio inspired school in Philly already: http://www.projectplayschool.com My son starts there in the fall. I am SOOOOO in love with this school.