or Connect

Posts by Tara415

that's so sweet!
Hi ladies -    I had an emergency cesarean 3 weeks ago (umbilical cord prolapse after 15hrs of labor). The recovery is going okay, I guess. It's hard to be positive about it because it's so much harder than a vaginal delivery recovery and I have a 2-year-old to take care of too. I've been to the OB follow-up appointments and he said the incision is healing great. My question (if it makes sense) is: I've noticed that it seems like my stomach is "uneven." The right side...
Thanks! My mom tells me to store and rotate the toys all the time too. We live in a really tiny apartment with little storage, so I haven't found a great place to put some away, but am looking into the option. I agree about the routine. I think he'll get more agreeable to this idea as time goes on if we keep doing it. 
Is it developmentally appropriate to occasionally insist that a 23-month-old picks up one toy before taking out another? For example, my 23-mo DS1 LOVES to take out every single toy he has and then spread them out all over the floor. Recently, I've been thinking that it would be better if I try and get him to only take out a couple toys at a time. Having everything out at once is a major tripping hazard for both of us (I'm 38wks preggo) and he doesn't even play with the...
Hey - I'm going to have 2under2 in about a month and was wondering where you all found the best pricing for diapers and wipes. I've been pricing Amazon and Diapers.com and they seems to be about the same (depending on the item, but really not that far off from each other). I do use disposables. Any ideas? Thank you!
I'm due in September, which is when DS1 will turn 2. I EBF'd until he was 18mos (about 15wks into my pregnancy) and then weaned him secondary to multiple pregnancy complications that put my health and the New Baby at risk. DS1 didn't want to wean at the time and it feels like our relationship changed afterward. Would anyone consider offering an older (weaned) toddler the opportunity to start breastfeeding again when a New Baby was born? Especially since he just weaned a...
Hi ladies- I had an epidural with my first after completing Bradley Birthing Classes and planning for an unmedicated birth. I don't think I have the pain tolerance/personality to do an unmedicated birth. But I don't like the side effects of the epi, like limiting movement, slowing labor, etc... I was just wondering if anyone had had a successful experience with pain meds other than an epi? I was thinking maybe I could get a little IV Morphine or something to lessen the...
Hi ladies- With my last pregnancy, I had planned on having a non-medicine, natural birth so I didn't really look into options for what you can/can't do if you get an epidural. However, I did end up getting one and since I didn't know enough about it, let the nurses tell me exactly how I needed to be throughout labor and pushing. My L&D nurse told me I had to be flat on my back the whole time, which I went along with since I didn't know about physical limitations with...
Wondering if any one has experienced this... I've been having occasional heartburn with this pregnancy, and two nights ago it was the worst. I woke up with a horrible sore throat that did not go away all day. I went to urgent care for a strep test, which was negative. The sore throat is a little better today and since I have no other cold symptoms. was wondering if it could be a side effect of the heartburn?
I would have your OB/MW check for the yeast infection. But maybe try not using a soap product on that area until things calm down. Personally, I use Dr. Bronners for all our soap, but I know the Bradley Birth Method recommends using just water on the private areas to avoid drying things out during pregnancy.