or Connect

Posts by sirena rose

Air dry for sure (even if I had a dryer). I bought a collapsible rack that is like 3 feet by 3 feet that could easily fit at least 32 shells - I overlap the shells by the tabs with one clothespin and I can fit a bunch on the rack. I have some BG, some Charlie Banana and a bunch of Glow Bug pocket diapers.    I am such a nerd about my diapers that I love looking them when they are hanging, even if they are in my living room! Here is a picture even! Yay for the rainbow...
So you do have to take out the inserts. Is this to keep the PUL stronger for longer?    I will do this then, the "storing separately"... by throwing everything in the same pail (inserts removed) until I do the wash. I am just interested to know why. Ammonia in the pee can break down the fabric?
We are all coming here with love for our children and want to do what is best for them and our families' various situations. I think a lot of us have the question, "How can we most safely bedshare" in mind. I suppose that would be a whole 'nother thread, though.   I know that my frustration is based on the fact that so many government campaigns are releasing these blanket statements to never sleep with your children, when, if done safely lends lots of benefits,...
Thanks for the responses! I will look into these studies.
  Wow, this sounds like a fascinating study - where can I see the link?   My father was lecturing me yesterday about the fact that I'm *still* (safely, I add) co-sleeping with my daughter (she's not even 2 months old yet). He said, "You not supposed to do that" ... I would love to show him some scientific studies about why I am raising his granddaughter like I am. A shame we need studies in our modern society that say it's okay for a mother to cuddle her tiny baby at...
I just read on the label of my Charlie Banana pocket diapers about care for the diapers: the tag states that once dirty, remove the insert and store the diaper and insert in a pail until ready for washing.   Is this just this brand that needs to be stored separately? Or should all pocket diapers be stored like this? I have two other brands in my stash, and want to store them all properly.   I can't find any more information on the Charlie Banana's website about...
Pocket diapers, sometimes double stuffed just in case (especially if I'm really tired).    I'd like to use prefolds with a belt at night in the future, maybe when my daughter is bit older (she's 2 months old right now and wakes about 4 or 5 times to nurse/pee). I like not having to change the sheets *everyday* ... right now we are able to make it 2 or 3 .    I would also like to do some kind of wool piddle pad for night. Seraf, did you DIY your felted wool? 
First, welcome! I am new too, and I'm glad we have this place to bring our questions - I hope we can learn from each other.    I have no one around for support where I live either (as far as I know), but I'm on the look-out.    Congratulations for embarking on this journey. All the in-between pees must be frustrating. For encouragement I would like to quote Yoda for you: "Do, or do not. there is no try".  It sounds like you are doing great - keep focusing on the wake-up...
Hi! This is my first post, and I have to say I am so happy that I found this forum. So many of you have such good advice to share!   I'm a first time mom with a two-month old daughter. We have been practicing EC since day two of her life outside the womb - so exciting to make those first catches! I bought a little potty thinking I would start around 3 months, but Baby L was squirming when we woke up from a nap that second day, and I felt the need to go too and...