or Connect

Posts by ash531

Nola Virginia arrived one week ago today - exactly one week past her due date. Like some of the rest of you, labor was not at all how I anticipated, but I was able to hang in there and do it all natural, despite almost having pitocin and/or vacuum extraction at the end. My cervix was acting crazy (appearing and reappearing) and she got stuck and was turning the wrong way, but luckily they were able to adjust things and she was born at 1pm on Feb 20, 8lbs 13oz. Already back...
jinxymama- your questions are super timely. I just got back from an appt with my midwife. i declined having her strip my membranes today, but will probably have them do it on Friday, when I go back next, since even though i'm not crazy about it, I'd much prefer that to induction. they'll do an US on Friday, too, just to check on fluid levels. my goal is to not be induced and i'm getting more and more nervous about it. i had an internal exam for the first time in my entire...
Hi readingrunner,   At about 25wks, I was measuring a good 5 weeks ahead (I'm assuming you mean the fundal measurement, not measurement by US). My midwife was slightly concerned and recommended an US. However, after a lot of research, we decided to forgo the US and just wait and see if I evened out...Which I did! Things came back to normal and a month or so later, I was 2 wks ahead and eventually right on track. I think the fundal measurement is not super accurate in...
Glad you enjoyed it jinxymama! Best of luck to you! I'm now at 40w5d....   Here's a fun one that will give you a laugh. I've been sending it to friends/family: http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/
Congrats everyone! Still hanging in over here....40+5....seeing my midwife today!
Hi Ladies, My doula just sent me this article and I loved it. Thought I would share.   http://www.mothering.com/community/a/the-last-days-of-pregnancy-a-place-of-in-between
Hi Catwmandu, Just wanted to check in with you! And also send you this article that my doula just sent to me. I really loved it.    http://www.mothering.com/community/a/the-last-days-of-pregnancy-a-place-of-in-between   I'm now 40+4....hanging in there. Hope you have welcomed your little one by now!
I'm still hanging in there with you ladies who are waiting....I was due last Thursday 2/13....The only things that have really changed for me lately are 1) increased discharge (watery, so i almost thought i was leaking amnio fluid but after some googling, I don't think so) and 2) increased intensity of BH (is that even a sign of anything?)...THe last two mornings I have woken up and had one really painful BH on the left side only...But then they go away and don't come back...
Hi Catwmandu! Hoping you are already into your birthing time....if you haven't already had your baby yet! I'm just starting the 10-month journey. 1 day past my "due" date. Trying to find ways to stay relaxed and not think about it non-stop. It's so hard!! Wishing you well!
Thanks to both of you for your input! I went out and bought some Tylenol PM last night to have on hand...whenever it happens!!