or Connect

Posts by greenkri

Use some good quality polyester thread or something that will last. I'd stitch it up.
So interesting to read all the variety!   1. In a squat holding onto a birth bar on a hospital bed. This was my longest pushing at 45 minutes, but it was induced and I had an epidural (what they call a "walking" epidural so I was still able to be up on my legs). 2. On hands and knees on the floor, pushing the baby out in 5 minutes. 3. In the birth tub, in a floating squat as I held my husband's hands at the edge of the tub. It was a BIG tub. This one took 10 minutes to...
It is SOOO normal for a 10 month old to not sleep through the night. You're doing just fine.
Some people would really appreciate you speaking up, while others will not be receptive to what you have to say. I guess it's up to you whether or not you think it's worth the risk of her getting upset at you. If she's generally open to new information, and less likely to be close-minded when presented with opposing views, give it a shot.
I guess you could say I will encourage my daughters to stay home with their children, but not in a direct way. They will learn my beliefs on raising children by what I model and indirect discussions we have. I personally will not (if I can at all help it) put my babies in childcare. It will be either me, my husband, or a close relative taking care of them. I have 3 children, and one of them is only a few weeks. For the most part it has been me taking care of our children...
Per week we generally buy 1 or 2 boxes of tomato, 1 bag of dried beans, some lentils and/or quinoa and/or rice, a couple of different low priced veg* preferably on sale, cheese, milk, eggs, hummus, peanut butter, crackers (although I'll go back to making those soon), tortillas (will be making those again soon), extra firm tofu, raisins, peanuts, and oatmeal or cream of wheat. On occasion I'll buy bananas, in season apples, sour cream, one or two bags of frozen veg, a bag...
Most carries should be independently secure, so you don't have to hold the baby or keep an eye so they don't pop out. If the carry is done correctly, they won't pop out.
Very informative thread!   My goal is about $400/month for a family of 4 (now 5 w/ a 4 day old newborn). It's probably more realistically like $450 because I can't always keep it quite that low. We use cloth rather than paper towels, I make my own laundry detergent, and vinegar and baking soda for nearly all cleaning. We don't eat organic unless it is comparable in price to conventional. We cook nearly all our food, and bread but I am lucky to have access to wholesale...
 You should focus more on that first sentence, and forget the rest. She will eat when she's ready, and eating more solids isn't necessarily going to suddenly make her sleep through the night. Thinking that is just going to make your nights much harder to bear. My youngest didn't sleep through the night until...well she still mostly doesn't. Starting her on solids didn't stop the night waking, night weaning didn't stop her from regularly waking, getting her into her own bed...
As far as I can tell her knees look slightly higher than her bum, so I think she's got a good seat. The question is, was it comfortable? If so, then I think you're good.