or Connect

Posts by ZelenyOko

Journey Ayana Journey Beatrice (or Journey Baya) Journey Rose Journey Grace Journey Cerise
Quote: Originally Posted by rockergirrl I just had an appendectomy while 28 weeks pregnant. I went into the hosptial on Tues night with severe cramping thinking I was possibly going into early labor. After many blood tests and ultrasounds it was determined my appendics needed to come out and right then. I went into surgery immediatly. I have never been more afraid in my life. Never did I ever imagine I would be faced with being put under to cut into...
Quote: Originally Posted by SunnyOne OK, so I'll elim all citrus and not use butter on my rice tonight. I forget butter is dairy bc it doesn't effect me the way other dairy products do- probably bc I get it in such small amts. So, if I list the things I'm not eating, can you tell me if you think I should add anything? Just want to get someone elses input. My diet has no: dairy soy eggs wheat caffiene citrus pnuts chocolate Have I missed...
I really appreciate everyone's input. I too am sceptical that I will be able to pull this marathon off, but as withe everything, will take things day by day. I have already asked a friend if he wants to run in place just in case....and I will definitely commit to running the same race the next year. Again, thank you all for your advice and input - it is priceless!
I am pg with my first baby am planning to breastfeed, and am a marathoner (I also posted this on the breastfeeding board). I am due at the end of July and am hoping to run/walk the Marine Corps Marathon at the end of October. I am trying to be realistic about it, I know it depends on my training, and most importantly whether or not I feel comfortable leaving the baby for longer stretches of time, but I am also concerned about the long runs. I am definitely planning on...
I am pg with my first baby am planning to breastfeed, and am a marathoner (I also posted this on the exercise boards). I am due at the end of July and am hoping to run/walk the Marine Corps Marathon at the end of October. I am trying to be realistic about it, I know it depends on my training, and most importantly whether or not I feel comfortable leaving the baby for longer stretches of time, but I am also concerned about the long runs. I am definitely planning on...
I just happened upon this article on CNN and thought everyone here would be very interested. I am horrified beyond word and while I'm sure this Rabbi's practice is not the norm, but still, I just want to throw up! Yet another reason NOT to circumsize!!! http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/02/cir....ap/index.html
I am not planning on having a Doula for financial reasons. The day we found out about the pregnancy, my husband was also laid off his job and I am recovering from a hand injury that has prevented me from working (I'm attending school as well), and so our budget is tight. It's a little scary, but he's been interviewing and I have faith that we will pull through - I'm a firm believer that we will land on our feet even if we have to go through some tough times.
This is our first baby and we will be finding out the gender. IMHO, I think meeting my baby for the first time will still be a big, happy surprise, plus it will be a big, happy surprise when/if I find out during my u/s in two weeks. Good luck with your decision!
Good for you! I think it's important to at least TRY to open up people's horizons about topics they have misinformation about. The thing to remember if they try to flame you is to stay positive and take the high road. Incidentally, I wonder if any of those *mainstream* people ever bring their babies into bed to nurse and then inadvertantly fall asleep, thus co-sleeping by accident? And if they do, do they even recognize it as co-sleeping? Stay strong!